Problem with size and maxlength after converting database to UTF8
In order for the second language (bulgarian) to work correctly, I did the following changes in the my Zen Cart as described here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...59&postcount=5
I converted my db to UTF8, as well as all collation of the tables and the fields from latin1 to utf8_general_ci with PhpMyAdmin
Then I noticed that in the login/register page all the form fields have tripled their sizes and maxlengths, e.g. from 32 to 96. As I understand Zen cart asks the database for these values, but I could not find where they are stored in the db.
My server info:
Server OS: Linux 220.127.116.11-grsec
Database: MySQL 5.0.41-log
Server Date: 09/04/2007 13:12:38
Database Date: 09/04/2007 13:12:38
PHP Version: 4.4.7 (Zend: 1.3.0)
HTTP Server: Apache
I read the other threads about the maxlength=0 or =1 but I think that is not the case with me because I have a test Zen Cart shop running on the same server with latin1 collation database and it does not have this problem.
URL to see the problem: https://www.diemfishing.com/catalog/...ain_page=login
Content and Graphics Copyright (c) 2003 - 2013 Zen Ventures, LLC - all rights reserved
Zen Cart® is a Registered Trademark of Zen Ventures, LLC