Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default shopping cart empties itself--HELP

Hi all,
    I am having an issue. The shopping cart empties itself during checkout. It can happen before the login and/or in any of the checkout steps. I can watch it happen in "whos online". I can keep hitting refresh and it will be green for a few clicks and then it will turn red and the cart will be empty. Has anyone seen this before? I have searched for "empty cart" and "shopping cart empty" and a few other things but I have not run into any threads that address this issue. If anyone know a thread that deals with this, or if anyone can give me some help it would be great. I am losing alot of conversions to this. I am running 1.2.6 with image handler2, and easy populate. I moved to a dedicated URL and have installed a SSL cert. I hope someone can help cause I really dont know why it would do this.
    Thank you,
    Sean

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: shopping cart empties itself--HELP

Here is the site URL if anyone would like to see what is happening:
    Ezaudiotronics.
    Also, when people visit the site at first the "whos online" indicates that they are an active cart (green dot) when they are not. This goes away afer a while and the dot turns back to red. I hope someone can help me as I am pretty much dead in the water right now.
    Thanks,
    Sean

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sounds like a classic sessions problem with your server's PHP configuration.
    Did your host recently change your PHP version?
    Have they made any *other* changes recently?

NOTE:
    The v1.3.x series has a number of new features, as well as improved support for MySQL 5 and growing support for PHP 5, as well as a number of bugfixes. Your v1.2.x code is officially no longer supported. I would strongly recommend that you work on an upgrade.

At the very least, try an installation of the new version on your server and see if the problems occur there too. If not, an upgrade may be a helpful solution.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr Byte,
    Thanks for responding. My server is Vendio and they are running PHP version 4.4.1 I dont know if there was a recent change I will contact them to find out. I have mess around with trying to upgrade but haave been unsuccessful. I ended up with a version of 1.3.7 on my server but it did not up grade my site. I am going to try again. I am considering just installing a brand new version then moving the needed stuff into the new version, I dont know. It seems almost likee it is on some sort of timer that dumps the cart when you take to long to checkout. Is there any thing like that in zencart that I could look at to at least extend the time my customers have to checkout until I get this all worked out? I really apreciate your help and time.
    Thank you,
    Sean

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by v0903856 View Post
    It seems almost likee it is on some sort of timer that dumps the cart when you take to long to checkout. Is there any thing like that in zencart that I could look at to at least extend the time my customers have to checkout until I get this all worked out?
    There is a built-in 20-minute timer. If they don't click anything on your site for 20 minutes, things will naturally reset themselves.
    If your customers actually log in before leaving your website for 20 minutes, then their cart contents will be saved so they can pick up where they left off.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I should add ... your site is very slow, is rather difficult and confusing to navigate (lotsa nested subcategories), has javascript errors on every page, has security warnings on SSL pages, and well ... maybe I'm not surprised that people are abandoning their cart.

Plugin Contributions

thats not the right timer I guess. Its really a matter of a minute or so. It will dump the cart in the time it takes to register, or fill in your CC information. I have written an email to vendio to see what they have to say. I hope I can sort this out soon.
    Thanks
    Sean

Plugin Contributions

I thought Merlin and I just fixed the SSL warnings. I am about to pair down the subcategories in the feed I have recently started using. But I did not know about Java script errors, I havnt seen any error messages. I know that it is a bit of a leviathan at the momment I am working on that.
    Thanks
    Sean

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Some of the javascript errors appear to be related to the image-handler code.
    It could be the slow page-load caused the js to not get loaded or cached properly, resulting in errors repeatedly.

Other javascript errors are a result of badly-installed google analytics mod, as evidenced in browser source:
    Code:
    <script src="%3C?php%20echo%20$google_analytics_url;%20?%3E"
     type="text/javascript">
      </script>
      <script type="text/javascript">
    _uacct = "<?php echo GOOGLE_ANALYTICS_UACCT; ?>";
    urchinTracker();
      </script>

<script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" type="text/javascript">
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    _uacct = "UA-397483-1";
    urchinTracker();
    </script></div></div></td>

Plugin Contributions

I have removed the google scraps that were left over after merlin and I "fixed" the SSL issues and I have simply removed image handler as I was not really using it anyway. while the difficulty in navigation and error java errors may have increased the amount of abandoned carts there is still a problem with the cart emptying itself. I also seems to be with the temp cart. The items I have on my test member account remain in the memory but the items before log in get lost.
    Sean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast