Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Amazon Payments FPS Module

Has anyone looked into the Amazon Payments API that Amazon.com created and opened in Beta to the public on August 2nd? - amazon.com/gp/browse.html?node=342430011

I don't know about you, but I would love to have access to the millions of Amazon users who already have accounts set up with Amazon. It's like an additional PayPal or Google Checkout. The fees could be a bit lower though

Not being the most technically proficient, I was wondering if anyone was working on creating a payment module for it? They have a dedicated sandbox and API environment set up and are facilitating a developers environment.
    Last edited by Kim; 18 Jan 2009 at 12:38 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Amazon Payments FPS Module

I'm surprised nobody is interested in this. I can't write code but I certainly would use the contribution if it was created.

Plugin Contributions

Bottom line -> yes to using Amazon payment services if it were available. By all means I would use it as well.

Plugin Contributions

i'd use it, too. It seems very convenient for Amazon account holders. I wonder whether it might also be a way to structure transaction fees by price or product (important for micropayment websites... see thread at http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...87968#poststop)

Plugin Contributions

The add-on does exist and is available at amazon. The direct link to the zip file is
    g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/cba/documents/zencart_checkout_by_amazon_plugin_2009_01_02.zip

and the suport forum is at amazonsellercommunity.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=40

Wonder if it would be ok to duplicate the whole thing in the downloads for here on the zencart website.
    Last edited by Kim; 18 Jan 2009 at 12:37 AM.

Plugin Contributions

It seems like a nice payment method to have. But I heard that it doesn't take the user back to your website. Therefore, stock is not deducted from the inventory, so all this has to be done manually. But this may have altered in the recent update.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The amazon module is full of bugs and very bad coding. As such it has been disallowed from the downloads/addons area, and Amazon has been notified, although their response was basically "sorry, we have other things to do".
    Use their addon at your own risk. You'll have to get support for it on their website, not this one.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

This has been confusing to me as well, but I think there's a difference between "Checkout by Amazon" vs "Amazon FPS." The plugin noted above is for "Checkout by Amazon" service. (This is similar to Google checkout etc.) I got it mostly working on my zencart site, but as noted, it may be buggy - I can't seem to find the order either in the Amazon seller page or on zencart admin.

The service that the original poster mentioned, "Amazon FPS," is a payment resolution service. Amazon has an SDK for FPS (in various languages, including PHP,) but as far as I know, there's no zencart payment module for that yet. I am actually trying to see if I can write it myself... It might take a while, though, since I don't know much about either Zencart payment module or Amazon FPS.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Amazon Payments FPS Module

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The amazon module is full of bugs and very bad coding. As such it has been disallowed from the downloads/addons area, and Amazon has been notified, although their response was basically "sorry, we have other things to do".
    Use their addon at your own risk. You'll have to get support for it on their website, not this one.
    Sorry for being direct and not very "diplomatic" but from reading various threads regarding "google checkout" and "checkout by amazon" I cannot help asking the following question:

Do you have some deal with paypal?

Otherwise I can't understand why you insist on not supporting "google checkout" and "checkout by amazon" for so long.

I mean, you write such impressive code, supporting very complex tasks and schemes. Yet, when it comes to fixing those "buggy" modules initially provided by "google checkout" and "checkout by amazon" you insist on not supporting them.

Why?

Thanks very much.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Amazon Payments FPS Module

There is the OSCommerce add-on for the Amazon Checkout.
    This ad-on is said to update the Admin UI with order details and accept dynamic shipping costs, unlike the Zen-Cart add-on for Amazon checkout.
    Has anyone tried this OSCommerce Amazon checkout add-on with their Zen-Cart?
    I think it should work, since OSCommerce and Zen-Cart has similar directory structure.
    Please let me know if this OSCommerce add-on is working for you with Zen-Cart?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast