My family and I live in Brighton, England
    Plugin Contributions

help question Whoops! Sorry, but you are not allowed to perform the action requested

I read a suggestion concerning account creation that made sense to me: A (potential) customer creates an account on the fly with items in their shopping cart. Eliminate the need for CREATE_ACCOUNT_SUCCESS page by re-directing them to the CHECKOUT_SHIPPING page after account creation. This eliminates one step, which can make the difference between closing the sale and not. I followed the advice and made the suggested changes to create_account.php: I changed this:
    PHP Code:
       zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_SUCCESS'''SSL'));

} 
    //endif !error

To this:
    PHP Code:
       zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING'''SSL'));

} 
    //endif !error

Everything went swimmingly while testing under the above circumstances. However, if I just log in and create an account without items in my cart, I received this error:
    Whoops! Sorry, but you are not allowed to perform the action requested.
    You are still logged in to your account and may continue shopping. Please choose a destination from a menu.
    The account was indeed created, however, that error message is hardly the welcome message I have in mind. I think the CREATE_ACCOUNT_SUCCESS page is vital for someone just signing up so I certainly don't want to lose it. Is it possible to have both of these things happen?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Whoops! Sorry, but you are not allowed to perform the action requested

Yes, you can do both (and come to think of it, that may be the better way to go).

Here is how to do that.

Replace what you have with the following. Tested and works like a charm.

if (is_array($this->contents)) { // if items in cart, then by pass create account success
    zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
    } else { // no items in cart to show create account success page
    zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));
    }
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

My family and I live in Brighton, England
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Whoops! Sorry, but you are not allowed to perform the action requested

Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    Yes, you can do both (and come to think of it, that may be the better way to go).

Here is how to do that.

Replace what you have with the following. Tested and works like a charm.

Hi Eric - Thanks for the response. It's good to know that it is possible, however I'm getting a parse error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /public_html/shop/includes/modules/custom_Tim/create_account.php on line 446
    It's almost certainly because of code placement. (Since I certainly don't know what I'm doing)

I'm unclear what to do with this bit of code //endif !error
    }
    as I don't see it in your sample code:
    PHP Code:
        zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING'''SSL'));

} 
    //endif !error

Should that be incorporated into this bit? If you have a moment, could you paste that entire section of code? Thanks so much!!

Plugin Contributions

The code I gave you should totally REPLACE the line of code that reads:

zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT _SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));

Replace that with what I sent and you should be good. I tested it with no problems.

:)
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

For the sake of reference ... this functionality already exists in Zen Cart v1.3.7.x

- add something to cart
    - start checkout
    - create an account
    - after the account is created, the "success" screen is bypassed since the cart is not empty

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    The code I gave you should totally REPLACE the line of code that reads:

zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT _SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));

Replace that with what I sent and you should be good. I tested it with no problems.

:)
    Hi Eric, your advice sounds like the perfect solution. Please could you let me know the file and its location, as I am having the same issue. Many thanks. Jean

Plugin Contributions

This thread is over 3 years old and relates to a very outdated version of Zen Cart (which no one should be using). The coding has changed a great deal since then. Best advice is to start a new thread of your own, explain what version you are using and what you want to accomplish.

Vger