Plugin Contributions

Default Is My Custom Template Even Working?

The reason I ask this is that it seems that whenever I make any changes to the english.php file I have to make them to the /includes/languages/english.php file rather than the /includes/templates/custom/english.php file in order for the changes to take effect. For example, this occurs when I am trying to change the Page 2, Page 3 and Page 4 label/headings in the More Information sidebox.

I did check under Template Selection and it says that I am using the custom template. And it's a very simple template that I just did up according to the instructions in the manual.

Any clues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is My Custom Template Even Working?

The URL?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Oh sorry...it's http://www.catinabag.com.

I also checked includes/languages/english/custom/english.php and changed the "Page 2" heading/title to "Payment Options", saved it and nothing. So, that's in two spots where it should have done the trick. I'm just wondering if I did something wrong in Template Selection but both Template Name and Template Directory matches.

Plugin Contributions

Is your path the the language file /custom/ or /custom_catinabag/ ?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, they're all includes/languages/english/custom_catinabag/english.php and includes/templates/custom_catinabag/english.php. Changing the "Page 2" in those english.php files have no effect.

Changing the "Page 2" in includes/languages/english.php file works fine.

Plugin Contributions

Still trying to figure this out. Would much rather use the "custom" rather than the default template here.

Plugin Contributions

This is so odd; I went to another ZC install (a test one I have) and I followed the instructions to set up a custom template in the tutorials/FAQ and to install it. Ok, I then decided to test it by following the instructions on pg. 275 of the manual on how to modify the stylesheet.css file.

I decided to change only the background color to #000000 (yes, I know the book made a mistake when it specified only five 0s), saved it and hit Refresh in the browser and nothing changes!

Everything is properly installed so far as I can tell; template name and directory matches in the ZC Template Selection and the directory levels look fine.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry folks...please ignore Post #7. Mystery solved on that one and it was definitely user-error.

I have also determined that the custom template is working but the original problem remains where I cannot make changes to the custom english.php file and have them become effective.

Plugin Contributions

And you are absolutely certain that your /includes/languages/english/custom_catinabag/ and /includes/languages/custom_catinabag/ foldernames are spelled correctly, matching /includes/templates/custom_catinabag/?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks gfh42! I think I may have solved the problem. It was not a case of misspelling but in looking over your solution I realized that my folder structure did not correspond to what you posted.

I did have the includes/languages/english/custom_catinabag and I did have includes/templates/custom_catinabag but I did not have includes/languages/custom_catinabag.

I had earlier tried includes/languages/custom_catinabag but it didn't solve the problem and I eventually parked it in includes/languages/english/ so it became includes/languages/english/custom_catinabag.

I decided to do something else instead. I made a new custom_catinabag folder and placed it in includes/languages so I ended up with includes/languages/custom_catinabag and I added in english.php to custom_catinabag. From here I can make changes to the "Page 2, Page 3, Page 4" labels from my custom template.

Am I doing anything wrong here with this solution? It seems a bit hackneyed because I still have includes/languages/english/custom_catinabag.

Also, is there a way to change the underlying beneath the "Page 2, Page 3, Page. 4" labels? What I mean is that when I hover the cursor over "Page 2" (or whatever I change it to) you can still see "http://catinabag.com/index.php?main_page=page_2".

Thanks everyone for looking!