Plugin Contributions

Default Percent vs. Fixed coupon discount

Hi,
    I posted in another section but got no responses. I am having trouble creating a discount code that is a percent off. I put 20% in the coupon amount and when you use the code it takes $20 off instead of the percentage off. Anyone have this problem or am I creating it wrong?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Percent vs. Fixed coupon discount

You should just have to enter 20% and that is what it is worth ... 20% off

Check and ensure that you have 20% and not some other value ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

I'm having this same problem. I think the issue is with free shipping: "This overrides the coupon_amount figure but respects the minimum order value." Why on earth can't you have free shipping and a percentage discount? As soon as free shipping is selected the percentage discount is overridden?

Plugin Contributions

Why on earth can't you have free shipping and a percentage discount? As soon as free shipping is selected the percentage discount is overridden?
    Sorry, but is just the way it is written at this time. You have your choice to either give a discount or free shipping with a coupon.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

I am having the same problem and I don't have free shipping. I enter in 15%, the coupon shows 15% and then when I click "confirm" it changes it to a dollar amount.

Plugin Contributions

I am not sure if I am in the right place. I first tryed to create a sale, but since my products are priced by attributes it wont work. Now I want to create a coupon which will give the customer a precent off of there total order. Do I just create the coupon and how can I make this so anyone ordering over the next couple of days can use this coupon.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You should just have to enter 20% and that is what it is worth ... 20% off

Check and ensure that you have 20% and not some other value ...
    hi, 'm having the same trouble. i've deleted the field numerous times and it keeps converting it back to a fixed amount. in this case 10 dollars instead of 10%.

it also doesn't seem to be removing the shipping charges. the coupon is suppose to be 10% off and free shipping.

thanks in advance!

edit: noticing that it's taking the % in the preview (showing 10% and free shipping) but then it's just converting it after hitting confirm
    Last edited by jandc; 8 Jan 2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: wanted to give a bit more detail

Plugin Contributions

The problem is you are trying to do 10% off *and* Free Shipping ...

Discount Coupons offer 1 of 3 choices, not a combination:

1 Percentage Off

2 Amount Off

3 Free Shipping

If you uncheck the Free Shipping and use the 10% on the amount, does it work correctly now on the percentage?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

i see. it does work as such. problem is that i have a coupon out for a new company/brand that requries free shipping and 10%. guess i can just put it in as a flat rate.