Page 32 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: RSS2 Feed Contribution

For now I've changed the default feed to Specials because any feed with the word products in it (new_products, products) will not work.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by NFM View Post
    For now I've changed the default feed to Specials because any feed with the word products in it (new_products, products) will not work.

This is the link to my New Products feed. Take a look at the source code...I think there's something wrong in there.

Plugin Contributions

I just tested your New Products feed in Google Reader and it works for me....

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by craftzombie View Post
    I just tested your New Products feed in Google Reader and it works for me....
    I'm getting a blank page. It's also not updating at any of the sites that I send the feed to.

I just tested it in Google Reader too...and oddly...it IS working there. But nowhere else that I want it to work...lol
    Last edited by NFM; 17 Mar 2008 at 01:53 PM. Reason: checked Google Reader

Plugin Contributions

Got it! Thanks to Microsoft...lol...Internet Explorer told me what the problem was...and as I figured it was my fault. One of my products had an invalid character that was screwing up the xml....apparently Google Reader was the only thing having no issues with it.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Really grateful for this contribution, thank you.

I do have a few validation errors I need help with:

####################___

Line 111, Column 151: document type does not allow element "link" here .
    …in_page=rss_feed&feed=specials" />✉
    The element named above was found in a context where it is not allowed. This could mean that you have incorrectly nested elements -- such as a "style" element in the "body" section instead of inside "head" -- or two elements that overlap (which is not allowed).

One common cause for this error is the use of XHTML syntax in HTML documents. Due to HTML's rules of implicitly closed elements, this error can create cascading effects. For instance, using XHTML's "self-closing" tags for "meta" and "link" in the "head" section of a HTML document may cause the parser to infer the end of the "head" section and the beginning of the "body" section (where "link" and "meta" are not allowed; hence the reported error).

Line 112, Column 159: document type does not allow element "link" here .
    …age=rss_feed&feed=new_products" />✉
    The element named above was found in a context where it is not allowed. This could mean that you have incorrectly nested elements -- such as a "style" element in the "body" section instead of inside "head" -- or two elements that overlap (which is not allowed).

One common cause for this error is the use of XHTML syntax in HTML documents. Due to HTML's rules of implicitly closed elements, this error can create cascading effects. For instance, using XHTML's "self-closing" tags for "meta" and "link" in the "head" section of a HTML document may cause the parser to infer the end of the "head" section and the beginning of the "body" section (where "link" and "meta" are not allowed; hence the reported error).

Line 113, Column 151: document type does not allow element "link" here .
    …in_page=rss_feed&feed=upcoming" />✉

Line 114, Column 151: document type does not allow element "link" here .
    …in_page=rss_feed&feed=featured" />✉

Line 115, Column 155: document type does not allow element "link" here .
    …age=rss_feed&feed=best_sellers" />✉

####################____

Thanks in advance..

Line 111, Column 151: document type does not allow element "link" here .
    …in_page=rss_feed&feed=specials" />✉

Line 112, Column 159: document type does not allow element "link" here .
    …age=rss_feed&feed=new_products" />✉

Line 113, Column 151: document type does not allow element "link" here .
    …in_page=rss_feed&feed=upcoming" />✉

Line 114, Column 151: document type does not allow element "link" here .
    …in_page=rss_feed&feed=featured" />✉

Line 115, Column 155: document type does not allow element "link" here .
    …age=rss_feed&feed=best_sellers" />✉

Plugin Contributions

I am still fruitlessly trying to track down the source of the xml parsing error. I am not sure if this is related or not, but in the rss.css and rss.xls files are the following wording:

The CSS/XLS files are sent to the browser in this order: (and alphabetically within each case of more than one match):

rss*.css // are always loaded and at least ONE should contain site-wide properties.
    rss*.xls // are always loaded and at least ONE should contain site-wide properties.

Do I need to input something here to make it work, and if so, what? I am not sure what site-wide properties would be appropriate for an rss feed.

Please help.

Plugin Contributions

Quick bugfix! Run this sql
    Code:
    UPDATE configuration SET set_function=NULL WHERE configuration_key = 'RSS_CACHE_TIME';

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by vitalwares View Post
    I do have a few validation errors I need help with:
    Use last version Google Analitics Integration module.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by a_berezin View Post
    Use last version Google Analitics Integration module.
    Hi Andrew,

Not sure what this has to do with Google analytics, these are errors related to the RSS feed contribution but I I have installed the latest google analytics and
    now I have new errors

Please look at this post in the analytics forum (also still have a few validation errors with the RSS code):

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=379

Regards,
    Prashant.

Page 32 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast