Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458593949596 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: RSS2 Feed Contribution

Quote Originally Posted by zapme1 View Post
    Hi All,

I know this is an old mod and thread, but I'm trying to use this RSS feed on my heavily modified site!
    All is working fine, and I get all the info from the feed (set on Categories).....

However....

The "First Main Category" appears in every feed result, no matter what cPath is used!

The proper "sub categories" that are associated to the cPath are displayed, but that "Same 1st Main Category" is in Every Result!

Can someone PLEASE Help?

Pulling my hair out on this one!!!

The Main Category in sort position 1 always appears in the feed results no matter what the cPath is, or even if the cPath is not included at all (which makes sense)... If I disable this 1st category, then the category in sort order #2 position does the same thing! UGGH....!

Does ANYONE have any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: RSS2 Feed Contribution

Quote Originally Posted by zapme1 View Post
    Pulling my hair out on this one!!!

The Main Category in sort position 1 always appears in the feed results no matter what the cPath is, or even if the cPath is not included at all (which makes sense)... If I disable this 1st category, then the category in sort order #2 position does the same thing! UGGH....!

Does ANYONE have any ideas?
    You really need this? I certainly can help. But in exchange, I would like to know for what purpose do you use these rss feeds.
    PM me your email and I'll send module.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by a_berezin View Post
    You really need this? I certainly can help. But in exchange, I would like to know for what purpose do you use these rss feeds.
    PM me your email and I'll send module.
    Thank you so much, Andrew! PM sent.....

Plugin Contributions

Hi

Not sure if I should stick to this thread or not but I'll start here. I've installed rss feed version 2.1.6 on zen cart 1.5.4. PHP Version: 5.4.44 is in use. Any admin activity generates log files with the below warning.

[28-Aug-2015 14:14:55 America/Denver] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(): http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 in /home/username/public_html/zencart154/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 38
    [28-Aug-2015 14:14:55 America/Denver] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.ph...check&id=170): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/username/public_html/zencart154/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 38
    [28-Aug-2015 14:14:55 America/Denver] PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/username/public_html/zencart154/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 42

I realize rss feed version 2.1.6 was updated for compatibility with zen cart v 1.5.0. Because of that I would just think that well maybe it really isn't compatible with zen cart 1.5.4 except just before installing rss feed I installed sitemapxml 3.2.13 which is compatible with zen cart 1.5.4 and received the very same log files. I completely uninstalled sitemapxml before installing rss feed, to deal with it later but now find the same problem happening with rss feed module. There is a php.ini file which has allow_url_fopen = Off which I briefly set to allow_url_fopen = On which didn't make a difference. I set it back to off because I don't know if it's safe to have on. I've searched around and found a few instances of this warning but haven't found a resolution for this particular instance. Is this something I should contact the host with? Any suggestions on this one?

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by buildingblocks View Post
    Hi

Not sure if I should stick to this thread or not but I'll start here. I've installed rss feed version 2.1.6 on zen cart 1.5.4. PHP Version: 5.4.44 is in use. Any admin activity generates log files with the below warning.

[28-Aug-2015 14:14:55 America/Denver] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(): http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 in /home/username/public_html/zencart154/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 38
    [28-Aug-2015 14:14:55 America/Denver] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.ph...check&id=170): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/username/public_html/zencart154/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 38
    [28-Aug-2015 14:14:55 America/Denver] PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/username/public_html/zencart154/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 42

I realize rss feed version 2.1.6 was updated for compatibility with zen cart v 1.5.0. Because of that I would just think that well maybe it really isn't compatible with zen cart 1.5.4 except just before installing rss feed I installed sitemapxml 3.2.13 which is compatible with zen cart 1.5.4 and received the very same log files. I completely uninstalled sitemapxml before installing rss feed, to deal with it later but now find the same problem happening with rss feed module. There is a php.ini file which has allow_url_fopen = Off which I briefly set to allow_url_fopen = On which didn't make a difference. I set it back to off because I don't know if it's safe to have on. I've searched around and found a few instances of this warning but haven't found a resolution for this particular instance. Is this something I should contact the host with? Any suggestions on this one?

thanks
    You need to contact your host and have them turn on
    allow_url_fopen=on
    or
    allow_url_fopen = 1

If you have a copy of the php.ini file in the root of your site, find allow_url_fopen and set it to allow_url_fopen = 1
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by countrycharm View Post
    allow_url_fopen=on
    or
    allow_url_fopen = 1

If you have a copy of the php.ini file in the root of your site, find allow_url_fopen and set it to allow_url_fopen = 1
    Thanks countrycharm

I contacted the host a little while ago but don't expect to hear back for a day or so since it's not an emergency and it's fri. night and weekend. I worked with the php.ini file already but I will definitely try again rereading your input. Either way will say what works out..

Plugin Contributions

allow_url_fopen=on
    or
    allow_url_fopen = 1

yes, that's what it was: allow_url_fopen=on

Why it didn't work the first time I set it I don't know. The only thing I can think is sometimes changes don't happen right away, like there is caching going on. Anyway that solved my problem.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by buildingblocks View Post
    yes, that's what it was: allow_url_fopen=on

Why it didn't work the first time I set it I don't know. The only thing I can think is sometimes changes don't happen right away, like there is caching going on. Anyway that solved my problem.
    Glad you got it worked out....
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

Is it possible to make RSS Feed work on ZC 1.5.5 on PHP 7.0? The page looks like an rss feed and feed title is showing, but nothing else. No logo, no contents etc... Also no Error Logs. I simply can not figure out why this is not working.

Thank You,
    John

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bumba000 View Post
    Is it possible to make RSS Feed work on ZC 1.5.5 on PHP 7.0? The page looks like an rss feed and feed title is showing, but nothing else. No logo, no contents etc... Also no Error Logs. I simply can not figure out why this is not working.

Thank You,
    John
    Everything is possible. The question is whether it is necessary? Do you really have any profit from using the rss in the store? In my opinion this is an obsolete marketing tool, which no longer makes sense to use.
    Do you have a different opinion? Tell me.

Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458593949596 LastLast