I'm starting two new threads here to make things easier for those using the free version 2.x of the Protx Direct payment module and the commercial 3.x to find information specific to their version.
This thread is for the full (commercial) version 3.x of the module!
The current version of the module is 3.2.2
As of September 2007, the merchant accounts supported by Protx include those provided by the following companies:
- Royal Bank Of Scotland
- Lloyds TSB
- American Express
- Diners Club International
- JCB Cards
Full details about the contribution are available at its website...
Information and Downloads
It is recommended that you take a look at the above site but for those who want more information first, here is the feature list...
This Payment Module has been written to be as comprehensive as possible. The most recently added features have been marked as new...
- Support for every Card Type handled by Protx.
Each card type can be enabled or disabled at the click of a button inside the admin. Cards supported:
- Visa Debit
- American Express
- Visa Electron (UKE)
- Diners Club International
- Full support of all essential parts of Protx VSP Direct's 2.22 Protocol. This includes support for the three different Transaction Types: Authenticate, Deferred and Immediate Charge. It also includes support for the various AVS (Address Verification) Options and 3D-Secure Options. Configuration of these features is accomplished using simple radio buttons in the Module's Admin Configuration.
- Allows gathering of the following information:
- Card Holder's Name
- Card Type
- Card Number
- Expiry Date
- CVV Code
- Start Date (Maestro/Solo/American Express Only)
- Issue Number (Maestro/Solo Only)
- [New for 3.0.0] Full 3D-Secure Support. Also known as “Verified by Visa” or “MasterCard SecureCode”, 3D-Secure adds an extra layer of security to the acceptance of card details over the internet. The online equivalent to “Chip and Pin”, it is anticipated that the majority of cards will eventually make use of this technology. In fact, since 30th June 2007, all Maestro cards require 3D-Secure authorisation.
- [New for 3.0.0] Surcharges/Discounts Support. In collaboration with another of our modules, the Payment Surcharges/Discounts Order Total module, each Card Type can have an individual surcharge or discount rate specified which applies to all Order Values, or each Card Type can even have a full range of surcharge/discount rates specified so that differing Order Value ranges result in differing surcharge/discount rates being applied! This means that store owners can pass the cost of accepting certain card types onto their customers, or offer their customers discounts for using particular card types. The Payment Surcharges/Discounts module is free to all those who have purchased this Protx Direct module and is simple to use/integrate with stores!
- Icons for each Credit/Debit Card accepted. If you enable the option in the admin, icons are displayed for each credit/debit card accepted (see picture at right). Maybe not an essential feature, but it does look more professional for your shop!
- [New for 3.2.0] Cards Accepted Sidebox. A “Cards Accepted” sidebox comes with the module, allowing the dynamic display of icons for each credit/debit card accepted, making it simple to alert your customers to your accepted card types even before they've reached the checkout stage.
- Support for a Single Merchant Account Currency or Multiple Merchant Account Currencies. Each currency that you want to accept payment in requires you to have a separate merchant account for that currency. This payment module supports the sending of payment information to Protx in any number of currencies, according to the settings you specify in the Module's Admin Configuration.
- Storage and Display of Completed Transaction Information. The Transaction Information for any order processed using this module is available directly for viewing on the Order Details page for that order in the Zen Cart Admin.
- Support for Protx's VSP Simulator testing services. This module allows you to test its operation and configuration in conjunction with Protx's extremely handy VSP Simulator service so you don't have to worry about putting through lots of bogus details. Once you are satisfied with your configuration of the module you can switch the checkout to being live at the click of a radio button!
- Retains entered Card Details right throughout the checkout process. If a user goes back to change their Shipping Address, or realises at the Confirmation Stage of the checkout procedure that they have entered some incorrect information, when they return to the Payment Page the card details they entered previously will be automatically restored. This prevents any frustration with customers having to re-type details and should help prevent customers leaving at the last hurdle! Please note: If your server has PEAR:Crypt_Blowfish installed, this information is kept encrypted in the session to ensure the confidentiality of the details!
- Ability to disable Autocomplete. Some browsers store credit/debit card numbers and/or CVV numbers entered and automatically insert them in a card number field/CVV field when a user returns to a website. This can be quite disconcerting to customers so the option to have this browser feature disabled is offered. The default setting disables this storing of numbers.
- Dynamic Start Date and Issue Number support. Certain cards (Maestro/Solo/American Express) may need a Start Date to be supplied for authorisation to take place, while certain cards (Maestro/Solo) may also need an Issue Number to be supplied. This module dynamically displays the necessary form gadgets to capture this information from the user, based on the card types enabled in the admin.
- Start Date/Issue Number Message. A message can be specified above the Start Date/Issue Number gadgets, for the purpose of informing users about problems with particular Card Issuers' Cards causing transactions to be declined if the Start Date and/or Issue Number is entered. This message can let them know how to resolve the situation and therefore complete their order. This message is displayed by default but can be disabled in the configuration.
- Debug Support. Sometimes there can be problems sending and receiving information to/from Protx. The debug mode allows you to see what information was sent and received so you can check your settings. Most people should never need this though and it is subsequently disabled by default.
- IP Address Lookup. The IP address of the server contacting Protx must be entered in the VSP Admin. The module's Transaction Mode can now be set to “IP Address Check” to look up the IP address which should be entered.
- Complete support for Zen Cart 1.3.x's Observer/Notification System. Previous versions of this module worked with both Zen Cart 1.2.x and 1.3.x using the same code but now there are two versions, one of which makes full use of Zen Cart 1.3.x's handy new notification system to make installation even more of a breeze!
Please read the documentation before posting any questions in this thread so that we can hopefully keep the number of posts here down to a minimum!
All the best...