Thread: oh crap

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default oh crap

What did I just do? Well, I just incorrectly deleted my "template_default" folder from Includes/Templates. Ah geeze, you say.

I re-uploaded a backup of this folder, but now the individual product info won't appear when I click on the item from the site listing.

See here: www.tomwatersonline.com

Anyone have any idea what file I'm missing?!

Thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: oh crap

One post per problem please. Duplicate has been deleted.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Are you sure everything uploaded correctly?

What *else* were you doing around the time you deleted all that stuff ?
    What template files have you customized? Maybe one of those changes is causing this? ie: especially tpl_product_info_display.php

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I wasn't doing anything else at the time. I was looking for buttons to change, but hadn't done anything on the server.

I'm pretty sure it uploaded ok, I don't really have any way to check, other than the FTP script. It looked fine. I can re-upload again if you think that would help.

I was looking at the tpl_product_info_display.php file. It sounded like the right one, but it look ok too. I had a customized template file in a CUSTOM folder. I removed that, but still no luck.

Plugin Contributions

I do have a downloaded template installed - it has a tpl_modules_product_listing.php in it, but that shouldn't have affected it..

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Time to pull out the fine-toothed-comb:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, I'll get to work on this right away.

Theoretically, this shouldn't have broken the site right?

If all the files are uploaded the same as before, it would be like the delete didn't happen, correct?

I just need a little guidance here, I'm starting to loose it. I just finished a huge project and I'm terrified I'm going to loose everything.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

This is one of many reasons to be making regular backups of everything.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Tiger View Post
    Theoretically, this shouldn't have broken the site right?

If all the files are uploaded the same as before, it would be like the delete didn't happen, correct?
    If you never edited any of the template_default files directly, then uploading the originals again should fix things.

I suspect your problem is not with the template_default folder, but perhaps something *else* that you've edited/deleted/etc. Perhaps even a corrupt file in the modules/pages/product folder.

Plugin Contributions

how in the world do you sort that out though?

I've made changes to change to site look, but it worked fine until that folder was deleted. Then, after re-uploading, *poof* no individual product listing. I checked the rest of the site out. Looks like it works fine.

All I have to go on is the deleted "template default" folder.

But nothing in there should be able to break the site. Did you look at the link? What did you think?

(btw, thank you so much)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast