Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: index.php redirects to zc_install/index.php

If you did all this and it still didnt work there are 2 possibilities,

1 clear your cache
    2 make sure that the changes you are making to th econfig files are actually taking,

You may have to chmod them to 777 or 755 to make the changes then chmod it back to 644 or 444
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

ok I got the index page working but I am still getting errors on admin

Warning: main(/home/content/m/o/r/morristech/html/includes/autoload_func.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/m/o/r/morristech/html/gift_shop/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 149

Warning: main(/home/content/m/o/r/morristech/html/includes/autoload_func.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/m/o/r/morristech/html/gift_shop/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 149

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/content/m/o/r/morristech/html/includes/autoload_func.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/m/o/r/morristech/html/gift_shop/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 149

Plugin Contributions

you need to make the same changes to admin/includes/configure.php
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

NOTE: That Admin configure is different than the catalog config file.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Just to throw my two pennies in... I had the same problem on my local copy and it was hurting my head for two weeks.

That a look at your MySQL database again and check that it has been setup/imported properly.

Sorting that out and editing the configure.php files (both) is what fixed the problem.

I'm now having this same problem, sort of. I was having the zc_install directory issue, but after reading this thread, I changed all the paths to point to the directory where ZC is (www.dpnaturals.com/shop/). That fixed the initial problem.

Now I'm getting the nddbc.html page which says there's a problem connecting to the database.

I also just checked the error log and found this: PHP Fatal error: Class 'notifier' not found in /includes/autoload_func.php on line 79 I looked at autoload_func.php, but I don't see anything concerning the path.

I am totally frustrated at this point. I've been working on the cart all day, and had reached the point of just needing to do the ssl when this happened. Actually, there's still a few things to be done, but this is the 'major' point of being able to say I'm open for business.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Check through your file:
    /includes/configure.php

And make sure all paths and database information is correct and there are no typos ...

NOTE: all data is case sensative ...

Currently, it appears that the database information is the problem in your file:
    /includes/configure.php

such as the database name or server or username or password ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonspearls View Post
    I've been working on the cart all day, and had reached the point of just needing to do the ssl when this happened.
    When you attempted to "do the ssl", what exactly did you do?
    If it was working fine before you tried to do that, backtrack your steps and undo things until it works again.
    Hopefully you make backups periodically as you go along so you can undo things easily ...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

When you attempted to "do the ssl", what exactly did you do?
    If it was working fine before you tried to do that, backtrack your steps and undo things until it works again.
    First thing I did was make a copy of the configure files so that the originals would remain unchanged. Dropped them into a separate folder like I did with the templates so I could find them easily. This is on my pc, and not online.

Second thing was to change the https server info, and set SSL to true. And that was all I did.

Uploaded the changed copies to the proper directories after changing file permission so I could do it. That's when the zc_install problem started.

Realized that I had totally forgotten about the path thing (changing /cart to /shop) ... my bad. Went and changed the paths, rinse and repeat the uploading.

Problem changed from zc_install to the can't connect to database and the autoload_func.php error.

I have tried re-uploading the original config files since everything was working before those changes/problems. This results in the zc_install problem.

Hopefully you make backups periodically as you go along so you can undo things easily ...
    I learned that one early on, with osC several years ago (my first, and only, previous experience with a cart and database). I just made a backup yesterday ... before the problems started, but it was data only.

I can still access the database. It's the cart and admin area I can't get to.

Speaking of the admin area, I get this error message when I go to the log in page: 0 DB_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED in: [db_cache table]

Do I need to delete info in the database cache table?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You'll be redirected to zc_install if the configure.php file contains default settings for certain definitions, or if the files for the database engine specified cannot be loaded, or if the file is missing/unreadable/unreachable.

The database-not-connected error means that the database information mentioned in your configure.php file doesn't match the authentication details required to access your database. The problem could be the host name, username, password, database-name, and/or prefix name. They all have to be correct.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast