Plugin Contributions

Default Moved Zen Cart from one computer to another and lost data

I have two companies set up with two separate zen carts on my computer so I can tweak the storefronts before transfering them to the internet. I decided to move everything from a Win98 machine to a new Vista driven machine because its MUCH faster. Installed EasyPhp on the new machine (which was what was on the Win98 machine), set up the two separate databases, installed ZenCart in each database, copied all the files related to each of the companies on the Win98 machine to a disk and transfered them to the Vista machine. After dealing with differences in the configurations (drive d: on the Win 98 machine and drive c: on the Vista) between the two machines everything is up and running. Pages look the same, once I selected the proper template. The problem is, I have no data on the products or customers I added when everything was on the Win98 machine. When I burned the cd, I copied everything in the two files on the Win98 machine ( d:easyPHP1-8/www/zen_cart - I copied the file "zen_cart" and all its contents...and did the same for the other company) and then just copied and pasted them onto the new machine in the appropriate directories. Am I doing it wrong? Did I miss files or something? Am I going to have the same problem when I move this stuff to the webhost? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Acanthuscarver

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Moved Zen Cart from one computer to another and lost data

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Moved Zen Cart from one computer to another and lost data

Thank you so much for the reply and information. I had searched the forum for a couple of hours before posting because I couldn't quite find an answer that seemed to fit my question. Thanks again!

Chuck Bender
    acanthuscarver