Plugin Contributions

Default Coupon Code will not work?

I created a new coupon to use for a three day sale. I have not used this particular name for a coupon before. I created the coupon so that it could be used only once by each customer. However, many are complaining that they have only put the code in once in the coupon box and it tells them that they have already used it---and they have not. (I even tried to up it to 3 uses per customer..did not help).

This is the third sale that I have had this problem. The weird thing is that it works fine for some people and does not work for others. Very frustrating for both me and my customers. What is going on??

Also, why in the world will zen cart not allow you to totally delete past coupons? It makes them inactive, yes. But I have lots of little surprise sales and such and have over three pages of inactive coupons sitting there.....never to be used again. Why??

I really need some help with this coupon code not working. Any suggestions?
    thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Coupon Code will not work?

i learned recently you must go into the database to activate an old coupon.
    or to delete you probably can delete that row. i can't remember the table name,
    but it is either 'coupon' or coupon related...

my problem i'm having now is that even though the settings for the coupon seem to be correct, i can still use the coupon more than once.
    it doesn't seem to matter what the coupon value is, and what the value of the product is ( coupon is restricted just for that product), whether the value is set to zero or to an exact equivalent of the coupon value....
    i am still trying to get a 'free sample' correctly in place, but there is no joy yet.

Plugin Contributions

You can go to your PhpMyAdmin data base, Go to coupons, coupon_active and edit the ones you want to activate again, or you can go to coupon_codes and delete the code you are not using anymore. You can make you own code up to. You need to add a coupon code and the amount in the code first were I have enter your code and enter the amount example 10.00 Do not put any $ signs in the amount. Paste the following into the input field in Admin->Tools->Install SQL Patches and click Send:

PHP Code:
    insert into coupons (coupon_codecoupon_typecoupon_amountdate_createdvalues ('enter your code here''G''enter the amount here example 10.00'now() ); 
    Last edited by countrycharm; 6 Oct 2007 at 08:39 PM.

Plugin Contributions

This is really a gift Card/Certificate code. You can use it this way if you like. It's good for 1 coupon per-person, but you can make up all you want with a different code to each customer. Hope this will help, sure help me.