Plugin Contributions

Default can " “date of Birth” field in the registration form to be three drop down boxes "???

hi

my Customer wants the “date of Birth” field in the registration form to be three drop down boxes for people to choose date/month/year. If it is hard to do, please let me know...

thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: can " “date of Birth” field in the registration form to be three drop down boxes

This is hard to do ...

There are numerous places that address the Date of Birth and validation checks to ensure that proper dates are added ...

Making dropdowns for the Month, Day and Year would require customizing both the display as well as the validations everywhere that DOB is used ...

While it can be done, it is a lot of work to manage this ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: can " “date of Birth” field in the registration form to be three drop down boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    This is hard to do ...

There are numerous places that address the Date of Birth and validation checks to ensure that proper dates are added ...

Making dropdowns for the Month, Day and Year would require customizing both the display as well as the validations everywhere that DOB is used ...

While it can be done, it is a lot of work to manage this ...
    Well said!!

I have spent 2 days trying to get the contribution Drop Down Date of Birth Support to work & I am mighty frustrated!! the description of this mod claims
    Simple installation that should take about 10 minutes for most admins to implement.
    IMHO that statement should be edited from the download page I link to here so the novice is not convinced the procedure is withing their capabilities. Replacing that statement with something more realistic as it is not a simple "10 minute" job would be a kindness to us new zenners.

I am so danged angry... Anyone willing to help me trouble shoot? Please?
    Last edited by MtnVision; 26 Jan 2008 at 04:08 AM. Reason: just because I'm near blind
    My 1st ZenCart Here

I donated to Zen Cart!! Thank you for helping me!

Plugin Contributions

Okie Dokie!! I got it working!!!
    I'm cross eyed looking at the code for comparison though. My opinion about the "Simple" reference in the download description for the mod still stands. Just standard fair warning would be a good idea.

BTW the feature has to be activated:
    Admin Panel > Configuration > Customer Details > Enable pull down menu for date of birth = true

Thanks for the mod!
    Last edited by MtnVision; 26 Jan 2008 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Added a BTW note
    My 1st ZenCart Here

I donated to Zen Cart!! Thank you for helping me!

Plugin Contributions

hi MtnVision,

can u pls advise me to setup thi sthing step-by-step?

i've followed all the instruction but seems that the dropdown menu never appeared

ur help will be very much appreciated, thx..

Plugin Contributions

When I look at your site's Create Account page, I'm seeing duplicates of all the fields but no DOB dropdowns.

Can I ask why a rubber stamp website would want my DOB in the first place?

Plugin Contributions

huh? sorry, i dont hv any rubber stamp wsite.

i need a DOB as a record so that i can keep track the age level of cutomers who frequently shop at my store.

can anyone please help with this issue specifically?

is there anything that i've been missing?

my store: http://myfirstep.com

Plugin Contributions

If you just want it for the registration page only, it's not hard to do. Basically you will have to re-write the code to display the 3 drop boxes, then you will then have to combine that 3 values into 1 single value and copy that to the $_POST filed that Zen uses (normally). This has to be done BEFORE anything. Then Zen should take care of the rest for you.

Regards
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    If you just want it for the registration page only, it's not hard to do. Basically you will have to re-write the code to display the 3 drop boxes, then you will then have to combine that 3 values into 1 single value and copy that to the $_POST filed that Zen uses (normally). This has to be done BEFORE anything. Then Zen should take care of the rest for you.

Regards
    thx yelow1912 for the info. but, can u please give specific instructions so that i know which one to alter? i'm sorry, i'm totally new with this zen thing, huhuhu..

Plugin Contributions

I've gotten the drop down menus to appear, but the default text in the boxes is "day" "month" "year". Does anyone know how I can make it read "Day" "Month" "Year"? It's just a small cosmetic change, but everything I've tried hasn't worked.

Thanks.