Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag Please help! Question about product pricing of multiple attributes within a product

I have been reading on here for a month or so while setting up our new store and still can't seem to master this for a certai product. We offer this one product - National German Exam - where teachers can pick how many tests of each level (there are three levels - 2, 3, & 4). The tests are $5 each. Let's say a teacher orders 3 level two tests, 4 level three tests and 4 level four tests - this should cost ($15 + $20 + $20) $55. However when I try to set these attributes at +5, it ends up only costing $20 (product price is set for $5, product is also set to be priced by attributes). Just to let you know as well...I set up the test level quantity attributes as "text" - is this correct? Can text attributes not be multiplied? Or should we force the teacher to type in the total test quantity in the "add to cart" quantity box up top?

As a final side note, we'd like a flat $5 shipping fee to be reflected in the final cost of the order (so in the above example, it would be $55 for tests plus $5 shipping).

Any hope? We hope to launch our new store next week - here is the LONG URL of the product in the test store:

http://www.newstore.aatg.org/index.p...roducts_id=220

Thank you!!
    Last edited by Kim; 11 Oct 2007 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Removed Zen ID from URL

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Please help! Question about product pricing of multiple attributes within a produ

I would set this up as either radio or a dropdown for each:

Level 2 Tests > 1 to ??
    Level 3 Tests > 1 to ??
    Level 4 Tests > 1 to ??

Using the offset and factor you can get pricing correct
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Please help! Question about product pricing of multiple attributes within a produ

Thanks for the reply - however does this let someone pick the exact number of tests they want? Or do I need to set up separate option values from 0 to, let's say, 100?

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Please help! Question about product pricing of multiple attributes

Still haven't quite got this figured out. Since I can price by attribute, I just need to know how to set up these quantities in drop down or radio button format in order for the teachers to order a precise number of test and for the quantity to get multiplied by $5. Does this make sense? Please reply with specific help!

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Please help! Question about product pricing of multiple attributes within a produ

If everything is $5.00 - price this as per each. Use text entry boxes to collect the quantity of each type of test being ordered with some text about this matching.

So they could enter 30 test 2, 30 test 3, 30 test four and they enter the total ordered as 90
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thanks - I still don't know where to type in the "price per each" (as you call it) - basically, the multiplying factor, in order for this to get added up and totaled. I have changed it now so that the extra CD is a drop down field (instead of blank for a person to manually enter 1 or 2). Here is the layout as it stands now and it still doesn't seem to add up the 3 fields' total costs:

http://www.newstore.aatg.org/index.p...0tmspnhcoehas2

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

I still don't know where to type in the "price per each"
    I assume that in setting up tis product you did not enter a price?? This is where you would place the price. In the product setup screen and not priced by attributes
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I have set up the product price to be $5and not priced by attributes. I guess I need to know if I should force the customer to put total number of tests in the top box (next to "add to cart"). Ideally I would love to have these costs add up by themselves as this Zencart customer has done on her page:

http://www.smockingstore.com/gloriana.html

Basically do I need to make any changes in the attribute controller (prices & weights) under each of these three "test quantity" attributes and put in some factor so that the number of each test will be multiplied by $5?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Ideally I would love to have these costs add up by themselves as this Zencart customer has done on her page:
    The site you linked to is not a Zen Cart site....
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Please help! Question about product pricing of multiple attributes within a produ

Sorry I was under the assumption she was using zencart because the woman who owns this company had posted on this message board.

I still would like to know if our customers need to type in the TOTAL number at the top or if the total can be summed up from the separate fields. I am getting very frustrated with this and really hope to get this resolved today.

Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast