Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag Fatal Error: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php'

I installed Zen Cart on my site. It installed okay and I was able to access the admin area. It told me I had to change the settings on my config.php file to 644 or 444. When I went to check the settings, they already WERE at 644!I changed it to 444 anyway. Yet I keep getting a message that Zen Cart can still write to the config file.

I also set the permissions to the /includes folder to 444, as per instructions. I renamed the zc_install folder.

But now when I try to access the admin area NOW, I get the following fatal error:
    "Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /......./zen-cart/admin/index.php on line 23"

The file does exist.

What do I do?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fatal Error: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php'

the files you need to change to 444 are:
    includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php

not the directory 'includes' itself.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you; that worked. Whew.

But now when I log into the Admin page, none of the graphics are showing up - it's all text-based. All the options are there, but in a text-based list and I have to scroll down quite far to see anything other than the menu. Do I need to reset another setting somewhere?

I have attached a PDF file that contains a screen shot of what i'm seeing at the bottom of my window. It's not graphic anymore - it's all text.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plugin Contributions

By the way i found the post in the FAQ about the CSS file and .htaccess - i renamed my /includes/.htaccess file to .htaccess_none, and the pages are still coming up text-only.

thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Hi there,

I just had a similar problem with Admin which was resolved by renaming the .htaccess file found in Admin/includes.

Hope this solves your problem also.

regards

Denise

Plugin Contributions

No that did not work.

For a program that is toted as being so "easy to use," this is quite a nightmare.

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Renaming the .htaccess file does not clear the problem.

I installed Zen Cart yesterday. Immediately upon installation, I got to the admin area and was able to configure a few things. I saw the original menus with the graphical interface.

I changed access on the config.php files to 444.

Today, when I try to access the admin area, I get text-based pages. A script error appears on "line 46 of zen-cart/admin/index.php". it says Char 1, "object expected." I don't know PHP (which is why I wanted to try zen-cart - easy to install and use (yeah right)) and the file is so heavily commented I have no idea where line 46 actually is.

I searched the forum and was told to rename the .htaccess files. I renamed all three (in /includes, in /admin and in /admin/includes) to rename.htaccess_none.

Still, I get text-based pages.

My host is 1and1, and it is a Unix-based server.

Why would it work on first install, then today not work?

I even tried a fresh re-install - same problem, same errors.

Can anyone help? If I can't clear this up I cannot use Zen Cart. I can't spend this much time simply trying to configure my cart. I selected Zen Cart because it was reported to be easy. This is very time-consuming and in no way easy.

I need a drink.

Plugin Contributions

May I suggest you do a search for 1and1 on the forum. I believe you will find some similar nightmares ...

BTW- please don't start a new thread for a continuation of the same problems.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

I actually did just that - search for 1and1 but did not find anything specifically relating to .htaccess files.

My original issue had to do with the permissions of the config.php files and that issue was resolved.

This new issue has to do with text-based menus. To me, it was a separate issue and that is why I attempted to post a new thread about it. If someone knows something about .htaccess files, they probably won't be looking at a post having to do with Fatal Errors with the application_topmenu.php file.

Plugin Contributions

P.S. I did want to add - I tried to access the admin/index.php page in MSIE 7, Opera 9.23, Netscape 8.13, AOL 9vr, and Firefox 2.0.0.6. I got the same text-based result in all browsers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast