Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: new staticlist shipping module

Kristen, You're on the right track. Tax charges are not a function of the static list shipping mod, or any of the other shipping mods for that matter; rather taxes are handled in the tax zone configuration pages. Best of luck. -- Rick

Plugin Contributions

Used your Static List - Shipping Module

worked beautifully after modifying

$this->num_options

for additional options.

See

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...811#post606811

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I have installed this module and it works great for one product purchases; however, when someone orders more than one item they get free shipping on any additional item.

I have this set up to offer 4 types of shipping like standard, overnight, etc. My shipping charges are based upon a per item basis because I am using a dropshipper who charges me per item.

Can this be modified to multiply the price by the number of items?

Example:
    customer order quantity 2 of an item that costs $30. The shipping cost should be $12 x 2 or $24. I charge the same rate for every item.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Hello subvenio,

I think one of the table rate modules may suit your purposes better than staticlist, which as you point out will apply a single charge to the customer's entire cart regardless of weight or number of items.

Regards,
    Rick

Plugin Contributions

I have the free shipping module installed, yet I keep getting this error even after I setup a regular item which is not setup under free shipping....

Error: Shipping Methods not configured
    staticlist (ignored)

I have repeatedly updated the settings on the module but nothing seems to work...

Does anybody know how to turn off the free shipping module and configure the static list properly??? I have tried everything, but the site will not go forward without the free shipping module being active...

Any help is appreciated...

-Jonathan

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Rick for your work on this. I tried to make something like this myself and ran into that same issue where all checkout pages show the incorrect shipping method .. it always appears as "name (value 1)" even when you have value 2, value 3, etc actually selected.

Yours works great though, I should have googled first

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rriehle View Post
    A picture, perhaps, is worth a thousand words. The screenshot shows the staticlist shipping module used to allow the customer to select from four Delivery options, each priced at $0.00. The descriptions and prices can be changed through the admin. This is one possible use of the staticlist shipping module. Change the heading "Delivery" to whatever works for your situation. The UPS module is shown for reference. -- Rick
    Hi...I've been going crazy trying to get this module to work. :-(

Can someone tell me exactly how to set up the shipping modules in admin..like what to disable or enable for this one to work? I tried all ways but nothing seems to make the staticlist show...like if I disable all other shipping and choose just this one, it gives a message saying not available at this time??

Oh and I do have free shipping for my entire store also..if this helps to solve the problem?

Please help!

Thanks so much.

Julianna
    Last edited by Julianna; 1 Mar 2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: forgot to add

Plugin Contributions

Hi, this mod is working great!
    Is there a way to add additional text filed, so customer can enter any comments?
    I know there is zencart default comments box is available, but it will be even nicer if the text comments box only appear when this mode is activated.
    I am using this to offer in store pickup option to my customer, so it is only activated when customer order from CA.

Do you have a quick soultion?

thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Hello -

This is possible, but unfortunately I do not have the time to do it right now. Best of luck.

Regards,
    Rick Riehle
    staticlist's author

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rick

Been playing with your staticlist module to try and get it to do what I want.

Basically I want two shipping options when shipping zone is Domestic (in this case Australia) and a different two shipping options when shipping zone is Non-Domestic (that is International/Non-Australia).

Any ideas on how I can define a Non-Australian (rest of the world) zone for staticlist2?? I tried to see if I could somewhere put statement such as "if country <> Australia" but got completely lost!

Also when I select a zone in the shipping module I get a yellow light, but if I select "none" as the zone I get a green light. I can't seem to work out what is causing this. Wonder if you have any ideas?

Thanks for looks like a very useful module. Still ploughing through setting up my site!

Alan

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast