Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

application error Shipping TO Multiple Addresses.

So I looked through the Threads but couldn't find an answer. Sorry if this has been posted already.

So I was asked to research Zen Cart and see if it is possible to set up the shipping options to where different packages go to different addresses.

Example:
    Lady has a baked goodies site. She has a sale to where with every order you get a dozen cookies for free. Customer Pete comes along to buy a gift for his nephew. Purchases some tasty rice crispy treats. Sees the notice about free cookies and wants those for himself. So he needs a way to ship the rice crispy treats to one address and the cookies to another.
    Please help. Also will customer Pete be able to ship cookies to an address that isn't billing.
    Also on top of everything, can Zen Cart automatically calculate duel shipping cost for each address?

Please respond soon, either here or email me.

Thanks everyone!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping TO Multiple Addresses.

At this time, Zen Cart is not set up for multiple shipping addresses for the same order ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Is there a mod that does this?

Plugin Contributions

I'm looking for same. Any mod created for this yet?

Thanks
    [FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif]CSS Evangelist[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

im looking for the same feature as well

ed

Plugin Contributions

Aloha.

The suggestions below are from a note I sent to someone helping me out with the eCommerce portiion of my site about how to allow multiple shipping addresses.

We sell ONE item - a proprietary book about personal finance - and offer free shipping on any quantity purchased, so the thoughts below don't cover the complicated and desireable features of calculating different rates & methods for shipping items to each address, sales tax per destination, etc.

(1) notice on buying page, both during checkout next to where shipping address is entered, and after checkout, that multiple addresses will need to be added after the transaction, or everything will be shipped to the primary shipping address. Both the "thank you" page after checkout and the confirmation email could have a link to an "enter multple shipping addresses" page requiring their order number (on the email and "thank you" page) and the various multiple shipping addresses; OR

(2) have a blank form at the bottom of the shopping cart page for special instructions and highlight that this is where extra shipping addresses should be entered; OR

(3) if more than one copy is selected, we could have one or more (depending upon the quantity of books in their cart) additional "product items" added to the cart with a flat "extra address" shipping price (in my case $0.00). Each "product item" would have a blank space in which they add an addresss to ship one or more copies to with a checkbox for "ship them all to my primary shipping address (you will enter your primary shipping address in the checkout process)"; OR

(4) we could have a "Click here if you would like to ship to more than one address (Free!)" button from the shopping cart, near the checkout buttons (regular checkout, PayPal, etc.) that would only be active if more than one copy is in cart (need to make sure of the correct order of operation between this and the upsell). When clicked, a pop-up window with forms for the appropriate number of shipping addresses could appear, starting with their primary shipping address (since their primary shipping adddress will need to be entered again later, could we populate those fields for them?; OR

(5) we could add custom fields to the shipping address page so a customer can
    add as many addresses as they like.

While any of these would be a good start in terms of gathering the multiple shipping address information, there's certainly more needed at this point.

-Mark

Though certainly mgav has come up with a partial solution, I was hoping someone had come up with a better one. I also need this for a project. And yes, tying it to shipping is important.

Plugin Contributions

still no word on a module for when someone is placing an order and wants to ship gifts / product to more than one address?

I've already had two customers asking about this.

I just launched our online store last month, and its doing well, but this multiple ship to's seems like something that I would have though be already part of a package that seems to do so much already..

ed

Plugin Contributions

Hi All,

I would like to see if those of us who are interested in this module could get together to develop a solution. Here is what I would propose:

1.) A list box in every product listing that says something to the effect of: "Ship to me," and "Ship to (x)." The "Ship to (x)." could potentially tie into the existing multiple address feature/architecture.

2.) Each Ship to Address should incur a shipping fee based on the current variables (table rate, location, etc), or not (free). This should be reviewable and itemized from the checkout pages.

Let's use this forum to sketch out any other features. I want to keep this as simple as possible in the beginning. I am reviewing other sites to see if there are any commonalities in workflow. I am not an expert in PHP but know enough to work this out. I am a DBA by trade.

Thanks
    JK
    Last edited by jk34706; 24 Jan 2008 at 11:11 PM.

Plugin Contributions

A mod is written if and only if:
    1. The author is interested in the mod himself.
    2. He gets too much free time on hand
    3. He gets paid for it.

If you have 10 people want the same mod, why not put the request in Commercial help room to have someone codes it, and then you all share the cost?
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast