Plugin Contributions

Default Only Free Shipping or Store Pick UP modules working. Zone related?

On this store URL: http://www.ro-living.com/cart

We want to use UPS shipping, but haven't been able to get it active. In fact, none of the shipping modules display except just free shipping and store pickup. If I enable USPS (and put it in Testing mode), I do see the red warning bar on the shipping page, so I assume that module is at least processing.

As far as zones go, there is only one defined to handle local NJ state sales tax. However, using a shipping address of NJ does NOT display tax on the Payment Information page, so this all could be zone related. The zone settings are such:
    Zone Definition: "New Jersey Tax" for NJ State Sales Tax (Green icon).
    Details lists Country of "United States", Zone of "New Jersey", with only a tax rate on "Taxable Goods" and a Tax Class for "7%".
    Do I need to make a zone for "everyplace other than NJ"? If so, how is that implemented?

I've confirmed that items have weights (definitely my test item "Gift Card" has a weight of 1 lbs) and I've made sure the proper values exist in the configuration settings as often recommended on other posts here:

In Configuration -> My Store:
    Country = "United States"
    Zone = "New Jersey"

In Configuration -> Shipping/Packaging:
    Country of Origin = "United States"
    Postal Code = "08869"
    Enter the Maximum Package Weight you will ship= "50"
    Package Tare Small to Medium - added percentage:weight = "0:3"
    Larger packages - added packaging percentage:weight = "10:0"
    Display Number of Boxes and Weight Status = "3"
    Order Free Shipping 0 Weight Status = "0"
    Shipping Estimator Display Settings for Shopping Cart = "1"

There are no zones set in the UPS shipping module, which I believe is the proper setting.

As a temporary solution, we've edited the text of the Store Pick Up to read something like "UPS (Rate calculated at time of shipping)", but the current method online is just "Store Pick Up".

I checked the value of "MODULE_SHIPPING_INSTALLED" is "storepickup.php;ups.php".

Running a DIFF against my ups.php file and the one in the current zen-cart download shows no changes.
    Code:
    ups.php @version $Id: ups.php 4674 2006-10-03 02:24:08Z drbyte $
    Any other files that I should be comparing? The only changes have been cosmetic; mostly all CSS based.

Technical Details:
    Running Zen Cart 1.3.7 on PHP 4.4.7 hosted by http://www.dreamhost.com/
    Server Host: crush (208.113.167.8) ##########
    Database Host: zencart.ro-living.com (208.97.186.206)
    Server OS: Linux 2.4.29-grsec+w+fhs6b+gr0501+nfs+a32+++p4+sata+c4+gr2b-v6.189 ####
    Database: MySQL 5.0.24a-standard-log
    PHP Version: 4.4.7 (Zend: 1.3.0)
    HTTP Server: Apache/2.0.54 (Unix) PHP/4.4.7 mod_ssl/2.0.54 OpenSSL/0.9.7e mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 DAV/2 SVN/1.4.2

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jimmy McGue
    ----------------

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Only Free Shipping or Store Pick UP modules working. Zone related?

NOTE: you are using products_minimum as 0 and it should be 1 otherwise you see Min: 0 everywhere ...

The USPS and UPS modules are real time ...

As such, until an address is selected no quote can happen ...

Right now, your site appears to be working normally ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Only Free Shipping or Store Pick UP modules working. Zone related?

Thank you for the prompt reply Linda!

I don't understand the comment about products_minimum. Is that a store configuration value? I cannot find that one. Or, is that at the individual product level?

Yes, I am aware of the UPS / USPS quotes working in real-time. I have another Zen-Cart store with UPS that functions. It just doesn't appear to be working on this store.

If you get to the shipping method oage of the checkout process, you'll probably only see the "UPS (Rate Calculated At Time Of Shipping)" shipping option. That is really "Store Pick Up", but I edited the text in the English template file to read this way. There should be two options for shipping, but UPS is not available (at least on the systems I have checked). Did it provide an option with rates for you?

Thanks again,

Jimmy McGue
    ----------------