Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Free shipping question

I thought I had this set up correctly, but apparently, I don't.

Here's what I'm trying to do:

Orders from the US and Canada will get free shipping. Everyone else pays shipping calculated from the Zone rate or the flat rate.

I set up a "US & Canada" zone and an "outside US & Canada" zone in Zone Descriptions and assigned the "US & Canada one to the Free Shipping module.

The products are set to "Normal Shipping Rules".

If I use the Shipping Estimator for a US address, I get the Zone Shipping rate.

If I set the products to "Always Free Shipping", everyone gets free shipping no matter what the location.

What did I overlook?
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free shipping question

Always Free Shipping means just that ... Always Free Shipping for everyone ...

To use Zones for US and Canada to be Free Shipping regardless, and this includes ALL US 50 States, DC, Islands and Territories plus ALL of Canada ...

Set Zone 1 to:
    US, CA

10000:0.00

Set Zone 2 to:
    and whatever charges you want ...

00 means The Rest of the World ...

NOTE: if you do NOT see in Zone 2 when editing the Zone settings what I marked in red:
    Zone 2 Countries
    Comma separated list of two character ISO country codes that are part of Zone 2.
    Set as 00 to indicate all two character ISO country codes that are not specifically defined.
    Save your settings to NotePad and Remove, Install and Edit Zone Rates zone again ...

This is a new setting so you don't have to type in every country other than US and CA to get it to be the Rest of the World not otherwise defined ...

NOTE: make sure in Shipping/Packaging that you have marked 0 weight does NOT mean Free Shipping ... unless you really mean that ...
    Last edited by Ajeh; 23 Oct 2007 at 05:19 AM. Reason: oops ... dyslexic zone rates
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hmmm... I was trying to follow the instructions in the book and set up new Zones Descriptions.

I originally had some products I was going to have as "always free shipping" which is why it was set up that way. When I changed my mind, I gave all the products weights and turned off the "always free shipping" setting.

I have 5 zones right now. If I just set the US and Canada to the setting you described, will the other zones work properly?
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Depends if you are upgraded ...

I forget which version I added the new things to zones.php ...

Which is why I said backup the settings first to NotePad then Remove, Install and Reconfigure Zone Rates zones ...

It would help to see the settings that you are using ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I'm at 1.3.7.1, so I've got the latest and greatest.

The way I have the zones set up, US is Zone 1 and CA is Zone 2. Those zones have amounts for the shipping and handling, so I assume those are what's being picked up by the shipping estimator. I set that stuff up a while ago before I decided on free shipping zones. I could change my mind again about that.

Since the site's not live (it's down for maintenance until I get my act together), I can play with it as much as I like. I can get into the store from work since I have a stable IP there.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

In Zone Rates zones to setup a Zone for Free Shipping just enter:
    10000:0.00

silly me wrote that backwards on the last post ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I thought that looked a little funky, but it's late and I'm not thinking all that clearly.

Thanks for the info, Linda. I'll fool with it tomorrow. Of course, if I ever get this thing going and make a sale, the team gets coffee and donuts.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Coffee and Donuts!!!
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I'm still not sure why freeshipper isn't working correctly. I was trying to set it up that way with the shipping zone set to "US & Canada" which I created under location/taxes.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Free Shipping freeshipper is an unusual shipping module in that the whole order must be Free Shipping and when it is ALL other shipping modules are disabled ...

While zones are in there, this does not activate any other shipping module but makes this the only shipping module for those zones and other zones will have nothing ... unless something custom is written for them along with other custom code ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast