Plugin Contributions

Default Mass Product Ordering - looking for

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a contribution to allow a shopper to login, add items to a shopping list, save that shopping list for future ordering. Also, I'd like the shopper to be able to indicate the quantity they want to order and add the items to the cart at one time rather than click the 'Add to Cart' button for each item.

Anyone know of such a monster?

Thank you,
    Rhonda

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Mass Product Ordering - looking for

No contribution needed.

The functionality to save the shopping cart is built into ZenCart. No special configuration needed. The customer needs to set up his profile. If he adds product to shopping cart and then leaves the site before ordering, the products will still be in his shopping cart when he logs in again.

You can allow customers to order any quantity of the same product at one time by setting the following settings in the product information setup under admin> catalog> categories/products >:
    • Product Quantity Minimum (usually set for 1 or more)
    • Product Quantity Maximum (1 by default, but you will want to set to the maximum number you want allowed in the order. If you do not want to set a limit, then set this to 0. By setting to 0 the customer can enter any integer quantity he wants in the "add to cart" box.
    • Product Quantity Units is used if you sell items only in packs of more than one each. For example, if you only sell widgets in packs of 6, but you want the pricing displayed to reflect the cost per each, then you would set this to 6. The customer can only purchase in increments of 6 such as 6, 12, 18, etc.
    Ron
    www.aspenshopsonline.com - ZenCart 1.3.9h
    www.wilkssupply.com - ZenCart 1.3.9h
    www.un-du.net - ZenCart 1.3.8a

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ron,

Thank you for the quick reply. If after the products are in the cart, then the shopper leaves and comes back to place the order, he'll need to go back through the 'add to cart' process again, right? I was hoping for a solution that when they login, they see a shopping list of frequently ordered items and can order them again and again.

Know if that is possible with Zencart.

Thanks,
    Rhonda

Plugin Contributions

Sorry about that. I misunderstood you. I think what you are looking for is a wishlist contribution.

However, to answer you more specifically:
    If someone adds 6 widgets to their shopping cart, there should still be 6 widgets in the cart when they return. If they had 6 widgets and add 4 whatchamacallets to the cart and log out, when they return then there should still be 6 widgets and 4 watchamacallets in the cart.

For the frequently purchased items order list I believe a wishlist contribution will probably work better for you. You might search the forums/downloads section for "wishlist", "order list" or "frequently purchased items". If you are lucky, you might even find a contribution that provides a "reorder" button associated with the customer's order history list. That would really be cool!

Ron
    www.aspenshopsonline.com - ZenCart 1.3.9h
    www.wilkssupply.com - ZenCart 1.3.9h
    www.un-du.net - ZenCart 1.3.8a

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ronlee67 View Post
    If you are lucky, you might even find a contribution that provides a "reorder" button associated with the customer's order history list. That would really be cool! Ron
    yes it would and that's exactly what I am looking for.