Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag No Payment and Wrong Payment Method Error

I've been tearing my hair out over this. I have a Zen Cart set up (www.kktoysuk.co.uk) which has two payment methods: cheque/money order and paypal express.

When I put through a Paypal Express payment and sign into my site, it all goes through okay. When I try it without a site account (either with a Paypal one or just straight credit card), it places the order but declares it as a cheque/money order and doesn't charge Paypal at all!

I simply don't know how to fix this, so any help would be appreciate. I shall post some log files shortly.

Many thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No Payment and Wrong Payment Method Error

I know that double posting is dreadful, but here are the log files.
    Last edited by DrByte; 30 Oct 2007 at 12:31 AM. Reason: removed attachment for privacy

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by olistead View Post
    I know that double posting is dreadful, but here are the log files.
    Repeat-posting of the same thing in multiple places is dreadful.
    Replying to your own post with additional information, as you've done, is admirable and encouraged.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

When I try it without a site account (either with a Paypal one or just straight credit card), it places the order but declares it as a cheque/money order and doesn't charge Paypal at all!
    I'm not sure I understand you fully.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry to be unclear. We want to use Paypal Express in such a way that the client can choose whether or not they want to bother signing up to our site. Unfortunately, in my tests so far, Paypal Express only works properly once an account for my site exists.

For example: if a customer makes a purchase without signing up to my site, that purchase doesn't work. Any purchase after that (which as after an account has been created for them automatically) does work, as does any purchase made if they register on my site as normal.

This is the case whether or not the customer chooses to pay with their Paypal account or just through a direct credit card payment.

Is that clearer?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, that's clearer.

The problem is I've never seen that happen.

What's different on your site from a fresh install of v1.3.7.1 ?
    - addons/contributions
    - customizations made
    - template being used
    etc

Plugin Contributions

The only addon is the Paypal Express module. There are some custom template files, but these are only really the header, the footer and CSS. What is likely to affect it?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The express checkout module itself does the account-creation when the customer returns from PayPal. I don't recall any bugfixes even being needed for that part of the code; however, if you haven't already got v1.3.7.1 installed or if you're using v1.3.7 without the latest patch, you can add it from here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56216

Plugin Contributions

The express checkout module itself does the account-creation when the customer returns from PayPal. I don't recall any bugfixes even being needed for that part of the code
    It isn't actually the account creation that's the issue - it's just that if there isn't a local account, the payment is marked as 'check' and there is nothing paid through Paypal. This happens even if automatic account creation is off.

I'm not sure what version of the module I have, but I'll try installing the latest and see what happens.

Plugin Contributions

It isn't actually the account creation that's the issue - it's just that if there isn't a local account, the payment is marked as 'check' and there is nothing paid through Paypal. This happens even if automatic account creation is off.

I'm not sure what version of the module I have, but I'll try installing the latest and see what happens.

Hi I am the owner of the site Oli is working on and I think we need to clarify the problem with the Paypal express.

Here is the situation, a customer puts an item or items into the shopping cart, goes to checkout and uses the paypal express check out button, and does not create an account, they are taken to the paypal web site, chose to pay via cre3dit/debit card with out having a paypal account.
    The details are all taken and the buyer is returned back to our site and they complete the checkout with shipping etc.
    They get sent a completed order email and we get a pending order on Zen Cart.

The problem is when we look at this pending order it says payment method is cheque/gift certificate, and the buyers paypal account has not be debited by any amount.

The paypal account is business status and been used for over 5 years. We have tried numerous buyers and different types of cards for different types of amounts and still get the same error.

We would like a customer to put a product in the shopping cart, chose paypal express checkout, put in a credit/debit card details and create an order, is this possible?

I don't think Oli explained it in enough detail to exactly what is going wrong. Please help as we are desperate to get this sorted, the site is now live and we are unable to do any promotions with this payment method not functioning. Many thanks Chris

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast