Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No Payment and Wrong Payment Method Error

Oh right, fair enough. I guess that means the issue is definitely something to do with the process of leaving Paypal and returning to my store, then.

Plugin Contributions

Hi there.....

I have this same bug too..

I have Nochex, google checkout and paypal express. Zen cart 1.3.7

Paypal express works fine, tested it in sandbox, worked, and been taking many paypal payments with it....

The problem occurs for me as with you when people click to pay with a card if they have no paypal account......

I have a new customer in my admin, but no order, no emails, for them or me.

Lost 4 orders now.... need some help

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: No Payment and Wrong Payment Method Error

I see that this problem has been around for a few weeks now. I JUST finished customizing my cart (spent the better of 2 1/2 days on it), and I'm at the point now where I'm testing everything and BANG! Paypal Express isn't working and it matches exactly what you folks have seen.

If I don't create an account on my site (ZenCart) then the payment shows up as COD (that module was still enabled), I get the email from ZenCart telling me the charge went through and the customer gets the email from ZenCart but no charge is ever actually made.

Since a few weeks have passed HAS ANYONE FOUND A SOLUTION FOR THIS?

Thanks!

Chris

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion FINALLY - I Think I Figured it Out!

Alright I wasn't going to just sit around and wait so I went and fiddled around with a few settings in the Payments module and I found out what it was!

I HAD to enable the Credit Card Module. Once I turned that on Paypal Express works great! The charge type shows up correctly as Paypal rather than COD or check. And everything in Paypal processes normally.

HTH

Chris

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FINALLY - I Think I Figured it Out!

Quote Originally Posted by chodges View Post
    Alright I wasn't going to just sit around and wait so I went and fiddled around with a few settings in the Payments module and I found out what it was!

I HAD to enable the Credit Card Module. Once I turned that on Paypal Express works great! The charge type shows up correctly as Paypal rather than COD or check. And everything in Paypal processes normally.

HTH

Chris
    ...Keep checking this Chris... I found the opposite... to fix the "same" problem, I needed to disable entirely the CC module.

In my opinion, much as I am grateful of the coders that did this contribution... it is buggy and unreliable. I am still waiting for the bulk of my inventory to show up, but if I have any issues at that point, I intend to ditch paypal immediately and move to a standard merchant account.

I can't afford to invest as much as I have in this site, only to lose all the sales due to a buggered payment engine.

Make sure you regularly test it with a second account, and with a "non-account" paying via credit card. There is no cost to this as you can reverse the transactions immediately.

However, if it isn't working, the errors don't seem to report correctly. So the only way to know for sure is to keep testing it yourself.

I am not sure, but it "seems" that people outside the US seem to have more issues with this. I am Canada based. No idea why that might be... but there it is, for better or worse.

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately, the idea of adding the credit card module has not worked for me. The fact that there are now a few of us with essentially the same problem is disconcerting. I really hope I can find a solution.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, so I am using 1.3.8a and i happen to notice this problem myself while testing purchases thru paypal express checkout.

Below is what i found.

When i had the credit card and check/money order modules in amber rather than RED, after going thru the payment steps in paypal sandbox and confirming the order on my store, i saw that no money had been transferred out of paypal... when i went to paypal ipn, i didnt have anything that showed any paypal transactions, and the order payment method showed up as CC as if i had paid via credit card rather than paypal.

So i started testing and removing the credit card module and doing another test order.. this time, check/money order came up as the payment module. but no money had been transferred out of paypal.

when i removed all modules including paypal express checkout and then installed paypal express checkout ONLY, the orders show up correctly with paypal and i get the paypal ipn confirmation and the money is transferred out of the test account.

It seems to me that somehow any other module in conjunction with paypal express does not play nicely once the customer returns to the store.

Anyways, since i only use paypal express checkout, since all seems working for me, i guess its all good for now.

Hopefully those that have had this problem have been able to fix it.

Plugin Contributions

I just wanted to post my similar experiences with this problem. I'm running 1.3.8a with a few small add-ons. When trying to use the paypal express the only way I could get a payment to go through and the correct 'Payment Method' to display was to remove, disable was not enough, every other payment module.

The checkout process appeared to be working correctly. I would get sent to paypal with all the correct info being displayed. After approving payment I would properly get sent back to zen for final confirmation but the payment method would always be incorrect and the money would never be debited from the paypal account.

Fortunately paypal is the only method of payment that this store is using, but if others were needed this could be a more serious issue.

Plugin Contributions

i have the same issue.

it works perfectly and says payment method "paypal" ONLY if i uninstall (disabling them is not enough) all other payment methods.

if i have any others installed or turned on, it will go through the paypal process but then comes back to the cart to say "check/mo" or "credit card" depending on what i have installed. and it will not process correctly as paypal.

i would like to use other payment methods, so this is going to be an issue.

Plugin Contributions

okay, i may be wrong, but think i figured out what is causing the problems for us running into this issue:

when you have the paypal express checkout installed and set up - it will only work properly if:

a) i have ALL other modules UNINSTALLED

OR

b) i have another module installed, but it MUST be configured and working. you cannot have another installed and DISABLED.

this is what seems to cause the problem. when there is another module installed but turned to false.

if you have them installed but disabled, you will have problems and it will go through the motions of paypal but on the confirmation screen , the payment method will be incorrect and will not process as a paypal order. (it will go then process as money/order or credit card even though you have those disabled).

also this only seems to be an issue when the customer is new. if i go back to re-test once the account was created , it works and still says paypal.

hope this info is helpful to any of the people working on this, because i could see how this could cause problems and be confusing, something does not seem right.

however, it seems like i was able to get it working by turning on the zencart free charge card for now, i have everything else uninstalled except zencart free charge card and the paypal express.

hopefully when i get the information for my authorize.net merchant account and have that set up things will still work!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast