Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: product filter module

thanks man fobes77 it's work for me very well

Mike Shaw

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fobes77 View Post
    Hello, this is a very useful module and I'm glad I managed to get images to show up in the results.

Add p.products_image to the following line in your includes/modules/pages/product_filter_result/header_php.php file -

Change line 132

from -

Code:
    $listing_sql .= "p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_price_sorter, p.products_qty_box_status ";
    to -

Code:
    $listing_sql .= "p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_price_sorter, p.products_qty_box_status ";
    Worked for me
    thanks me too

Plugin Contributions

I love this mod, but..

The search results have "No Image Available"!
    I also get "TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS", on some searches. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

I've installed this mod, it works, but not completly, i cannot filter products by price, when i do that it show all products, i've only changed pricing to higher ones, does somebody have similiar problems?

Next thing that i noticed - you can filter products by only one attribute, if you add second one filter will show nothing

I really need this thing to get working, i can pay for that, if authot or some programmer is intrested please write me your proposition on private message

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone figured out how to get the price filter to work. I am still trying to figure out the coding myself (I'm very much a beginner, too) so customers could search by price.

To remove TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS follow these steps:

go to file manager in cPanel
    includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/YOUR_TEMPLATE/product_filter_defines.php
    find:
    PHP Code:
    define('SHOW_CATEGORIES',true);
    define('SHOW_ATTRIBUTES',true);
    define('SHOW_PRICE_RANGE',true);
    define('SHOW_AVAILABLE',false);
    define('SHOW_SORT',true);
    ?> 
    change to:
    PHP Code:
    define('SHOW_CATEGORIES',true);
    define('SHOW_ATTRIBUTES',true);
    define('SHOW_PRICE_RANGE',true);
    define('SHOW_AVAILABLE',false);
    define('SHOW_SORT',true);

define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS''Sorry, no items to list for your search criteria');
    ?> 
    You can change the above define for TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS to whatever you want the page to say when there are no matches for the search criteria you have set. There might be another way to do this, but as a novice, this has worked for me.
    Last edited by TMHarris; 1 Jan 2009 at 08:33 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I figured out how to get the price filter to work. I had to actually open the header_php.php file (includes/modules/pages/product_filter_result/header_php.php) and set the line:
    PHP Code:
    $enable_price_filter true;
    switch(
    $price_range){ 
    to true (as shown above). It was set to false.

Now to figure out how to get the CATEGORIES section to filter. I can only filter by subcategories. If a category does not have a subcategory, then it will filter fine. But if the category has a sub, it will not filter. I assume (I know that's bad to do) that I need to link the items in my subcategories to its parent category. Back to the hunt.

**I'm sure all of this is basic to those who are currently using this mod, but I'll continue to document my findings for those who are new and want this info.**

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone have a link to this mod working?

I am setting up a clothing shop and need to be able to filter by price / color and size (color and size being attribs) so will this work?

Does it filter inside categories? (if you are in cat A for example and then select a filter will it only show the results for cat A?)

Is the images issue fixed yet?

Thanks! :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twdhosting View Post
    Does anyone have a link to this mod working?

I am setting up a clothing shop and need to be able to filter by price / color and size (color and size being attribs) so will this work?

Does it filter inside categories? (if you are in cat A for example and then select a filter will it only show the results for cat A?)

Is the images issue fixed yet?

Thanks! :)
    See my site for example, http://www.elitebralingerie.com . BUT I do not use filtering by Price and by Sort. They work if configured correctly (see this thread and my http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...product+filter )

Yes, if you are choose cat A, the results will be only from cat A.

One notice more, if your currency is not $, you have to change "product_filter_defines.php" - for example, to GBP or \pound
    \euro .

Plugin Contributions

I have a question too.

The attributes appear in a "broken" order (see for example, www.elitebralingerie.com). Note that the attributes have the correct default order in "Option Values".

Does someone had a similar problem, and how was it fixed?

Plugin Contributions

No disrespect, but this mod sucks. After reading the post and in spite of everyone having problems making it work, I tried to install it. Needless to say, nichts, nada, nothing! It's not worth a download.

If you're looking for a really, really good product filter then download and install the css_horizontal_drop_down_menu_1-5 from here.

It's not only a fantastic header menu with css fly out and completely customisable links, but it adds a rather amazing sort by filter to all of your pages!

I just thought I'd share this with you as I'd been searching in vain for a good product filter and had given up the chase when I stumbled on this by complete accident.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast