Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Wrong non-english characters in names/addresses when using paypal express

No fix this end.
    I end up having to go into my emails when I see starnge characters to find the actual true symbol.

The country issue seems related mainly to russian federation. it gets sent back and changed to united states.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Wrong non-english characters in names/addresses when using paypal express

I am having the same problem with greek characters when using paypal IPN...
    I even changed the encoding from all of the paypal module files to utf-8 but nothing changed.
    I have set the encoding of my site to utf-8 from my paypal account admin area and my database is also utf-8 as my language files are too.
    Could it be a problem of paypal instead of zen cart?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I'm also having this problem and would love some more expert opinion on what might be causing it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Same problem here...

Plugin Contributions

Have the same problem with the 1.3.9d

Hope really that this problem will be solved soon.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The problem comes down to the character set you're using in your database. It's not a PayPal problem nor a Zen Cart problem.

If you want the problem to go away, you'll need to use the same character set in your database as you use in your language files and as you have your PayPal account set up to use. If they're not matching, then you'll have problems.

Just remember that changing character sets of existing databases is a DELICATE process, and is NOT something you should experiment with on a LIVE site. ALWAYS TEST ON A TEST SITE FIRST until you are truly ready to "go live".

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123