Plugin Contributions

help question Can customers purchase digital goods via Google Checkout without registering?

Can customers purchase digital goods via Google Checkout without registering as a user? I'm concerned the requirement of registering as a customer will turn off a significant percentage of potential buyers.

Since Google Checkout allows them to pass their name/address/payment info, it seems like it should be possible to allow customers to bypass signing up.

Thanks,

-Michael

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can customers purchase digital goods via Google Checkout without registering?

One has to have an account in Zen Cart to be able to get to checkout...
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can customers purchase digital goods via Google Checkout without registering?

Kobra - thanks for the response. Forcing users to register an account to make a simple/single purchase isn't compatible for my business model.

Is there no simple way to modify ZenCart to bypass user registration for purchases completed via Google Checkout? A line that can be commented out or something?

If ZenCart doesn't allow customers to bypass registration, does anyone know of a simple alternative that would work with Google Checkout? Buy Now buttons won't work since I'm selling a digital good. I need a solution that works with the Checkout API. Any insight or ideas would be much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Even without registration on Zen Cart you have to register with Google to use their checkout.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Kim - thanks for your response, but I'm aware of that. Many users will already be registered with Google Checkout prior to arriving at my site so I'm not concerned with that. For those who aren't yet registered, it seems they'd be more likely to register with a trustworthy name like Google than provide their personal information to my small site.

Is there any way to bypass user registration & allow their purchase to leverage ZenCart's Google Checkout API module?

Thanks,

-Michael

Plugin Contributions

Install the thing and turn it on.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Is there any way to bypass user registration & allow their purchase to leverage ZenCart's Google Checkout API module?
    What you are going to find is that Google is only a payment method...Not an order tracking method.

It will also complain that it has no order number from your "little" site as no order has been created because Zen Cart has no idea who this order belongs to without an account. Not sure if Google will process without this and if it does Zen Cart will have no way of tracking it
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pilsun View Post
    Can customers purchase digital goods via Google Checkout without registering as a user? I'm concerned the requirement of registering as a customer will turn off a significant percentage of potential buyers.

Since Google Checkout allows them to pass their name/address/payment info, it seems like it should be possible to allow customers to bypass signing up.

Thanks,

-Michael
    Michael -

This is exactly what the Google Checkout module does. They do not have to enter their information directly into your cart. The only sign-in is to their Google account. The API passes the customer info back to your zen-cart and you process it as you normally would.

Kobra -

I believe you have a misconception of the module...

Plugin Contributions

WOO HOO! Thanks, Chain Man!