Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Disable Registration/Login For Customers Through Checkout!

Sorry for the delay in the reply, with over 800 people downloading this module and the only thanks we get is when someone runs into a problem we have decided to discontinue our support and work on this module, all we asked was that you sent an email to us when you used the module just to let us know that our time and effects were worth while and it is worth updating the module to work with other payment modules as well as getting it to work with zone shipping etc.

As a test I copied the files into a 1.3.8 install, but it doesnt work.
    You shouldn't copy these files for any other version, have you tried the read me file? I've not had chance to test it for 1.3.8 but I would think it is the same or very close in regards to the changes made.

Does this mod work with nochex?
    I have no idea, if Nochex sends the customers details to you then it will work, it might need additional coding but I am unsure of this.

Just wondering if there is a version of this mod that allows you to enter a shipping address in ZenCart?
    What you need is the Checkout Without Account module.

Isn't this mod the same as Checkout Without Account Mod? Does it have extra features?
    Its similar to this module but with checkout without account the customer enters their details just like they were registering but they do not enter a password, with this module they do not enter anything at all.

this version (the one I'm using for zencar 1.37) allows customers still to enter all the necessay info but doesn't require them to create an account.
    Are you sure you have got the right module because this module doesn't let your customers enter their name, address, email etc.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Disable Registration/Login For Customers Through Checkout!

I tried this mod and it indeed did not work with USPS ("no shipping to your area").

Is there another mod for quick checkout? I looked but I did not find one.
    Thanks! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivum View Post
    Sorry for the delay in the reply, with over 800 people downloading this module and the only thanks we get is when someone runs into a problem we have decided to discontinue our support and work on this module, all we asked was that you sent an email to us when you used the module just to let us know that our time and effects were worth while and it is worth updating the module to work with other payment modules as well as getting it to work with zone shipping etc.

As a test I copied the files into a 1.3.8 install, but it doesnt work.
    You shouldn't copy these files for any other version, have you tried the read me file? I've not had chance to test it for 1.3.8 but I would think it is the same or very close in regards to the changes made.

Does this mod work with nochex?
    I have no idea, if Nochex sends the customers details to you then it will work, it might need additional coding but I am unsure of this.

Just wondering if there is a version of this mod that allows you to enter a shipping address in ZenCart?
    What you need is the Checkout Without Account module.

Isn't this mod the same as Checkout Without Account Mod? Does it have extra features?
    Its similar to this module but with checkout without account the customer enters their details just like they were registering but they do not enter a password, with this module they do not enter anything at all.

this version (the one I'm using for zencar 1.37) allows customers still to enter all the necessay info but doesn't require them to create an account.
    Are you sure you have got the right module because this module doesn't let your customers enter their name, address, email etc.
    Ok is there another way to disable customer login since i lost the login on my page anyway? With just selling graphics i don't need it.

Plugin Contributions

I've started another thread but I'm waiting for a response: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92400

Would that help you?

Plugin Contributions

I am very please to have this "diable registration/login", but my concern is that possible to combine "Fast and Easy Checkout" " with diable registration/login"

if that is possible, that will much better for the checkout for both customer wants to registered and don't want to.

and how to combine those to modules?

Anyone knows?

Plugin Contributions

Hi there i am using the 1.38a version of zen cart i have zencart install via my cpanel Fantisico, now i need to add a module can you please tell me how to upload the file and to where? the module i want to upload in the optional insurance module.
    Please any help will be appreciated
    Sceefo

Plugin Contributions

Download the mod to your PC and unpack it. You will find instructions inside; if you don't have an FTP program, you can upload the files in the appropriate directories (per directions) through your site control panel.

It may sound daunting but, in most cases, it's not hard if you pay attention and don't panic. ;)

As always, back up before making any changes! :)

Plugin Contributions

how do you install this option into the zencart?

Plugin Contributions

This is an excellent mod 'in principle', but since it has absolutely no way of knowing what country (or area) the purchaser is in, it sadly makes it virtually unusable.

Without buyers being unable to input their location, it's NEVER going to work out shipping. If you get an International order on your shop, you could seriously end up out of pocket.

Ivum had obviously spent many hours developing this product, but it's a real shame it was not developed to be more practical.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CUSTOM_UK View Post
    This is an excellent mod 'in principle', but since it has absolutely no way of knowing what country (or area) the purchaser is in, it sadly makes it virtually unusable.
    Exactly right, and this is the main reason that many of us think the answer to the cart abandonment problem lies more in proper presentation and customer education than hacks that really only trick the customer into thinking that an account hasn't been created.

If you can figure out a way to tell visitors that the only difference between creating an account, and not creating one, is a 5-digit password (if you're selling shippable goods), I think most people will see the wisdom in that, and will also understand the advantages to having an account, if both are presented properly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast