Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How can I Make certain Customer Registration fields optional?

I'd like to add a couple of new fields - [username (forum)] [forum (name of forum)] this will allow us to quickly check for support enquiries on the forums we frequent. Is that possible?
    Flight Simulation Add-ons for MS: FSX & DCS: World
    | web | cart |
    v1.5 (reward points; master pw; paypal exp; paymate; orders 2.0 - selling digital software only)

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

this is an old post, problem are similar.
    I have running zencart 150 and FEC on it. Problem with registration form and country selection. I have a single country I trade in. Default country set up on it. FEC hides automatically country selection field when you have only one country to select. Was everything ok several month, but probably after some updates on hosting company suddenly stopped working properly and registration form asks to select country.
    Added second country, actually same country, so I could see at least country selection for registration but this is not solid solution.
    tryed * thing,
    tryed
    <span style="display: none;">
    <label class="inputLabel" for="country"><?php echo ENTRY_COUNTRY; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_get_country_list('zone_country_id', $selected_country, 'id="country" ' . ($flag_show_pulldown_states == true ? 'onchange="update_zone(this.form);"' : '')) . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>
    </span>

nothing works, registration forms still prompts to select country.
    Any more ideas for my problem to solve?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Abomni View Post
    Hello,

this is an old post, problem are similar.
    I have running zencart 150 and FEC on it. Problem with registration form and country selection. I have a single country I trade in. Default country set up on it. FEC hides automatically country selection field when you have only one country to select. Was everything ok several month, but probably after some updates on hosting company suddenly stopped working properly and registration form asks to select country.
    Added second country, actually same country, so I could see at least country selection for registration but this is not solid solution.
    tryed * thing,
    tryed
    <span style="display: none;">
    <label class="inputLabel" for="country"><?php echo ENTRY_COUNTRY; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_get_country_list('zone_country_id', $selected_country, 'id="country" ' . ($flag_show_pulldown_states == true ? 'onchange="update_zone(this.form);"' : '')) . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>
    </span>

nothing works, registration forms still prompts to select country.
    Any more ideas for my problem to solve?
    Problem solved.
    According to Numinix the only change is to download the new version of header_php.php to includes/modules/pages/login/ - this worked for me on 2 sites.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by resellrightsshop View Post
    b) <label class="inputLabel" for="city"><?php echo ENTRY_CITY; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('city', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, 'entry_city', '40') . ' id="city"') . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_CITY_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_CITY_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    Commented out (<!--....-->) (removes City Field)

c) <label class="inputLabel" for="postcode"><?php echo ENTRY_POST_CODE; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('postcode', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, 'entry_postcode', '40') . ' id="postcode"') . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_POST_CODE_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_POST_CODE_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    Commented out (<!--....-->) (Removes Post Code Field)

d) <legend><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PHONE_FAX_DETAILS; ?></legend> Commented out (<!--....-->) (Removed the phone and fax table)
    e) <label class="inputLabel" for="telephone"><?php echo ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('telephone', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_CUSTOMERS, 'customers_telephone', '40') . ' id="telephone"') . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>
    Commented out (<!--....-->) (Removed Telephone Field)

Step 5 - Your_store_folder/includes/languages/english/your_template/create_account_success.php
    define('PRIMARY_ADDRESS_TITLE', 'Your Name and Country'); (Altered from Your Address just so things made a little sense on the account success page).

Not sure if there is any set order of the above but the order written is the order I did it in (checking at each stage). I have checked the ADMIN, Customer and all seems fine as does the SQL Address_book and Customer tables.

If it helps someone then it was worth it! Now I can get on with uploading all the juicy products!

Or I could of if my hosting company hadn't just (literally as I post) suspended my account due to a server overload! I must get a lot more traffic than I thought. Not bad for a shop with no products!!

When I am back up and running I will post a link to this thread so that you can check it works.

Go figure!!
    Please help. I have done the previous steps , all good, but I am failing at trying to comment out the post code and city. Can you tell me exactly what I need to type to coment it out? php may as well be chinese as I don't speak the lingo!

Plugin Contributions

DeeL, what fields are you trying to keep on the account registration page? If your store only sells virtual products so you don't need the customer's full address, you could give a look to "Minimum Customer Account Information" (http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1465).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by spidersilk View Post
    I think I just solved my own problem. :)

I set the minimum length for province/state and postal code to 0, then (after some poking around to figure out what needed editing) opened up tpl_modules_create_account.php and saved a copy of it in my custom template folder, and commented out line 99:
    Code:
      //  if (zen_not_null(ENTRY_STATE_TEXT)) echo '##<span class="alert" id="stText">' . ENTRY_STATE_TEXT . '</span>';
    And part of line 110 as follows:
    Code:
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('postcode', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, 'entry_postcode', '40') . ' id="postcode"');
    	// (zen_not_null(ENTRY_POST_CODE_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_POST_CODE_TEXT . '</span>': '');
    (remembering to put a semicolon at the point where I broke the line.

I saved the file, went to the create account form, and ta-da! No more "required" asterisk next to those fields. I filled in the form to create a test account, leaving those fields blank, and expecting to still get tripped up by some kind of Javascript verification, and to my astonishment nothing went wrong -- it accepted the form, with no state or postal code.

So I guess it doesn't use Javascript validation for those specific fields, or at least not if they've already been set to 0 in the Minimum Values area of the admin.

So... For anyone else who's wanting to make some customer fields optional, apparently this is how you do it.
    this doesn't work for country code however.. even though i commented out the php code, i still get country code invalid on registration - even though country does not even show up on the form.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Abomni View Post
    Problem solved.
    According to Numinix the only change is to download the new version of header_php.php to includes/modules/pages/login/ - this worked for me on 2 sites.
    can you be more specific on this as i'm having the same problem.. what is 'numinix' and where do you download the new version from as i'm using the latest zen cart just downloaded last month.

Plugin Contributions

Let's stay with one thread, can we? You've hijacked a three-year-old thread and many who posted may no longer be active.
    AND... any info here is suggesting code that may not work EVER with 1.5.5.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Let's stay with one thread, can we? You've hijacked a three-year-old thread and many who posted may no longer be active.
    AND... any info here is suggesting code that may not work EVER with 1.5.5.
    Sorry about that. Thought i would get more exposure for my problem if i joined in on other threads.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456