Plugin Contributions

Default Orders not being saved to Zen DB

Hi all, first post, apologies in advance for my soon-to-be-evident lack of brevity. Just opened a Zen (1.3.7) store at www.moosekisstoys.com using PayPal IPN to process payments initially.

I had run a couple of real live test orders a few days ago and everything worked fine. We got our first "real" order today only to find that while PayPal processed the payment just fine, the order was not inserted into the Zen database.

Far as I know, the only thing I've done that might have changed anything was that I deleted the first two orders that I placed, and I reset the order number to a number higher than 2.

Unfortunately I did those things BEFORE downloading an SQL dump, so the restore hasn't worked (assuming it was an issue with having deleted the first two orders.

I've run two more real live test orders since, and in both instances PayPal is processing the payment, but Zen is not sending confirmation emails, and index.php?main_page=checkout_success does not show an order number at all ("Your order number is: ") nor is there any record of the order in the Zen admin.

Can someone clue me in on what I have messed up, and how to recover? I would appreciate it greatly.

Meantime, nice to meet you all. I plan to stick around. :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Orders not being saved to Zen DB

Hi again. Just figured maybe some additional info might help.

I placed another order through PayPal IPN and bought a $10 gift certificate.

PayPal's payment notification came through immediately, at 12:43pm.

I eventually got a confirmation email from Zen, but it was a full hour later, at 1:56pm.

Is this normal with PayPal IPN? At any rate, after receiving that email confirmation, I checked the admin and it was there. Order #3.

I released the gv funds and immediately placed another order for a product, using those gv funds and paying the balance through PayPal IPN. That should have been Order #4, but it did not show up in the admin. Furthermore, it appears that I still have those gv funds available.

I placed yet another order, this time temporarily activating the CC module and using a test cc number, and THAT order was immediately in the admin as order #4. The previous order, which should have been #4 is still out in the either somewhere.

Bizarre. Any clue at all?

Plugin Contributions

Hi, 27B you might want to take a look here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79281 it's probably the same thing.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, it is most likely the same issue.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Oh wow, you guys rock.

I *swear* I looked around and did a few searches first. I can't believe I've become guilty of one of my own pet peeves.

Thank you SO much, that looks to have done the trick. I love you all. :)

See ya soon, I promise I'm not gonna just pop up when I have an issue of my own.