Plugin Contributions

red flag Help! I've deleted all my orders.

Hi,

I've accidentally deleted all my orders while using pdf orders . I did a backup of my sql database 2 days ago so all is not lost.

My question is "How do I just restore the orders from the backup file"? Is it a matter of editing the backup file?, if so can anyone provide advice on how to do this.

Also, what will hapen to new orders that come in before I do the resore, will they be overwritten?

Cheers,

Peter

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help! I've deleted all my orders.

If you go to your Cpanel, there should be a way to restore the database. It should be under backups.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by daneh View Post
    If you go to your Cpanel, there should be a way to restore the database. It should be under backups.
    Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I was hoping to not have to restore the whole database, just restore the orders I've deleted. Looking at the backup file, I was hoping that I could just edit out everything except the orders part?

Cheers,

Peter.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you have advanced understanding of database concepts, you can extract the required records from the appropriate tables, and copy them across. However, how do you reconcile the fact that order numbers may now be duplicated? You'll have to renumber some things accordingly. Your customers' email receipts will point to incorrect places, but at least their My Account area will have the new details.

Database schema reference: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...#Order_History

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you have advanced understanding of database concepts, you can extract the required records from the appropriate tables, and copy them across. However, how do you reconcile the fact that order numbers may now be duplicated? You'll have to renumber some things accordingly. Your customers' email receipts will point to incorrect places, but at least their My Account area will have the new details.

Database schema reference: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...#Order_History
    Hi,

I think that is the answer I needed. I think I'll restore it and then add in the data since the last backup. I can do this from the email confirmations re: orders and new customers.

I appreciated the prompt replies by yourself and Daneh.

Cheers,

Peter.