Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Delivery options: Download OR Ship?

All of my product offerings are digital, so all are available for immediate download. No problems there. However, I provide my customers with the option of purchasing products on disk to be shipped to them. No problems there either.

But, when I try to combine these delivery method options it automatically sets it so that they are buying BOTH the digital file AND the digital file on disk. That's okay, if they want to. But most of my customers only need the immediate download and not the disk. It'd be fine but shipping is obviously free for downloads and I charge a fee for the disk, which is included in shipping charges for that option.

What it's doing is providing two automatically selected (and you can't deselect one or the other) radio buttons-- one for download and one for shipping. I've tried setting the option types to both dropdown and radio and with both it provides radio buttons, with shipping and download automatically selected.

So not sure what I'm doing wrong or how to remedy this. Any help's greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Delivery options: Download OR Ship?

Do they always get the Download and have the option for the CD on your products?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Do they always get the Download and have the option for the CD on your products?
    No, not necessarily; however, if that would make this easier for me then yes, they can. Since they'll get it regardless I haven't any problems with them downloading *and* paying for the disk option.

Plugin Contributions

My thought was to make the Download a Radiobutton that is set to default and make the CD a separate Option Name like:
    CD

created as a checkbox where the customer has to check the box to get it ...

And an Option Value like:
    Want one?

What shipping methods do you use?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I will try that, thank you!

All shipping is flat rate, currently. We mostly only selling to customers w/in the states and haven't configured any further yet.

Plugin Contributions

http://www.danielkobialka.com/store/...tasy-2-56.html

The above is a variation of what Ajeh was suggesting.

Settings were used in Products & Attributes Controller for each Album. Will provide further details if you'd like.

Plugin Contributions

That is a good example, however, that is an either or vs an either and ...

The forced Radiobutton ensures the ability to Download and the Checkbox allows for the CD by mail ...

You could do Checkbox on both if you want ... that is the other possibilty with the Download checked by default so that unless they say no Download they get that and only get the CD if they physically check the box for that one ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh, all that you say is true but as we know, Zen Cart allows for many options.

This is a Client site and they felt that people would want a Download or a CD, but not both. I am but a humble Coder who provides what the Client has asked for.

Plugin Contributions

Every time I hear someone say ... they will always want one way or the other ... never both ways ... I am off doing an update for Zen Cart ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

ver. 1.3.9

Hi,

What conclusion did you reach with this query? I am trying to do the same on my cart (Ship or Download radio buttons) but i get both selected!

It's driving me nuts as I have tried following all the suggestions from different threads. Just can't seem to get this to work.

Help before I pull out the remainder of my hair

DsyD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast