Plugin Contributions

Default 0 quantity is Sold Out = don't want to see this

Hello,

In ZC product with Sold Out status is still listed. As I am using easypopulate to keep all products update I would like to turn off the product from listing by putting in v_products_quantity = 0 (zero). What is needed to change in code to not list all products with Sold Out status? I do not want to use changing status option seperatelly for each product in admin area?

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

[FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 0 quantity is Sold Out = don't want to see this

I am having a similar problem, and can't seem to find the answer yet. I have a client that is working directly with a manufacturer, so he wants his products to show "In Stock" always and does not want to reveal to customers how many we have in stock...in other words how do I make these items in stock indefinitely and hide the number of items in stock from the customers?

Thanks in advance for your help, it is greatly appreciated

Plugin Contributions

The change from Instock products_status 1 (does show) to Out of Stock products_status 0 (does not show) happens when an Order is made and Stock is configured for tracking ...

Check your settings in the Configuration ... Stock ...

NOTE: changing the products_quantity to 0 in the Admin does NOT change the products_status to 0 ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

wow, thnx for the quick reply...

however, im talking about displaying the "0 Units In Stock" when you are viewing the product, i want that to disappear

Plugin Contributions

**bump**

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh thank you for suggestion, unfortunatelly it does not work or I made sth wrong, I made tracking and product quantity 1 on stock, I bought it and it did not disappear but Sold Out button appeared. I would like to disappear this product from listing. The product is still visible although I changed for "1 - yes" option "Do not show product that is not on stock" - sorry for translation I use another language than english in my store. This product should not appear in listing!
    Last edited by braad; 20 Nov 2007 at 11:27 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by oxhern007 View Post
    wow, thnx for the quick reply...

however, im talking about displaying the "0 Units In Stock" when you are viewing the product, i want that to disappear
    You need to go to the Catalog ... Product Type ... EDIT LAYOUT ... on the Product Type where you do not wish to see that and turn it off ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by braad View Post
    Ajeh thank you for suggestion, unfortunatelly it does not work or I made sth wrong, I made tracking and product quantity 1 on stock, I bought it and it did not disappear but Sold Out button appeared. I would like to disappear this product from listing. The product is still visible although I changed for "1 - yes" option "Do not show product that is not on stock" - sorry for translation I use another language than english in my store. This product should not appear in listing!
    If tracking Stock and you want Products with products_quantity <= 0 when sold, you need to customize the settings in the Configuration ... Stock ...

And set it so that the products_status is switched to 0 when the products_quantity <= 0 on the completion of an Order ...
    Products status in Catalog when out of stock should be set to
    Show Products when out of stock

0= set product status to OFF
    1= leave product status ON
    NOTE: current products with products_quantity 0 will NOT be marked as products_status = 0 as this only changes during an order ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Dear Ajeh,
    thank you for your time, I got an idea how it should work and it is really clear for me but I am using polish version that was translated and sold by one company and this functionality (Show Products when out of stock) simply do not work and they told me that this is done purposely. I do not know why they did it and I really do not like it.
    Cheers
    M.