Plugin Contributions

Default Zen Cart Free Charge Card?

Hello...

I'm setting the store, and I have found this Zen Cart Free Charge Card in the Payment Module. I don't know the purpose of this option. Is this allows me to accept credit cards? Thanks for any help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen Cart Free Charge Card?

No, it won't allow you to accept credit cards. To accept credit cards, you need a gateway (like PayPal or Authorize.net) or you need a way to process the credit card sales off line. If you are going to process the sales off line, part of the credit card number will be stored in your database and the rest will be emailed to you.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by afo View Post
    No, it won't allow you to accept credit cards. To accept credit cards, you need a gateway (like PayPal or Authorize.net) or you need a way to process the credit card sales off line. If you are going to process the sales off line, part of the credit card number will be stored in your database and the rest will be emailed to you.
    ok, I understand that it won't allow me accept credit cards, and I need some kind of merchant account to do that (i.e. pay-pay/googlecart/independant bank), but WHAT IS the ZEN CART FREE CHARGE CARD? What does it do? Do I enable it? Do I delete it? This is what I need to know. There is nothing I can find that explains what it is, what it does, and why it is listed in the payment module.

Thanks for all the help!
    (dummy at work here.... )

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The "Zen Cart Free Charge Card" handles "free" orders. If it's not enabled, then orders that are free cannot be processed. Safest solution: always leave it enabled.

If you don't like its name, just rename it in its language file.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Where is the language file located to change the name of the free charge card?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.