Plugin Contributions

Default Salemaker Exclusions

Sorry if this was posted before.

I have a Zencart setup that hase 1200+ products. We will soon be setting it up for our Holiday Sale. I've gotten Salemaker to work correctly an will apply a discount storewide. But I do have a hand full of products througout the catalog that will not be discounted.

Is there a way to apply a 10% discount storewide with Salemaker, but go back to specific products and remove the 10% discount?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Salemaker Exclusions

Quote Originally Posted by orca View Post
    Sorry if this was posted before.

I have a Zencart setup that hase 1200+ products. We will soon be setting it up for our Holiday Sale. I've gotten Salemaker to work correctly an will apply a discount storewide. But I do have a hand full of products througout the catalog that will not be discounted.

Is there a way to apply a 10% discount storewide with Salemaker, but go back to specific products and remove the 10% discount?
    1200? Try 700,000 in my larger store coming out in 08.

The best way to manage that would be link a dup of everything to a dummy category that is then disabled.

Make all the products master category ID the dummy category.

Run salemaker against the dummy category.

Change the "10" products or so that you dont want as part of salemaker, to reflect the public category as the master category for those items.

I do all of that in mysql statements to move things in and out of salemaker "DMZ" disabled categories that the customers cant see.

When I add large masses of products to a new dummy category, I use EZ Populate 3.0.3 (The Pro version) to dup those products into the dummy cat..then they show up as linked products under the public category ID..THEN I use mysql statements to adjust those product ID's to the "new" master category.

What im saying is how I do it, might not make sense, but God invented Visio for ADD dyslexics like me. :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Salemaker Exclusions

I'm interested in this as well. Also, is there a way in the free version of EP to specify the master category? All of the products that I have uploaded using EP give a warning that no master category is set. Salemaker does not work until I make the particular category I'm putting on sale the master category for the items in question. So far the easiest way I've found to do this is with the multiple links manager, but there must be an easier way with EP or mysql statements.

I apologize if this is already addressed somewhere. I was searching for it when I came across this post...