Plugin Contributions

Default cant get my custom template to work

trying to set up a custom template with no luck...i keep getting the parse error below when i go to Tools - Template Selection

obviously ive got something wrong any help please and thanks in advance...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/tuds2000/public_html/zencart/includes/templates/newcart/template_info.php on line 1

<?php/** * Template Information File * * @package templateSystem * @copyright Copyright 2003-2006 Zen Cart Development Team * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0 * @version $Id: template_info.php 4226 2006-08-24 02:23:25Z drbyte $ */$template_name = 'newcart';$template_version = 'Version 1.3.5';$template_author = 'Robert Kelly Zen Cart Team (c) 2006';$template_description = 'This template set is designed to be easily modified using only the style sheet to change colors, fonts, and the store logo. Three images are required; logo.jpg, header_bg.jpg, and tile_back.gif.';$template_screenshot = 'scr_template_default.jpg';?>

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: cant get my custom template to work

What did you use to edit template_info.php? It looks like all of the line breaks have been stripped out (so the entire file is on line 1), and something else may have been added by your editor...

You may want to check that there are no spaces before or after the file content.

Plugin Contributions

i used Notepad but i did notice that the text kept changing after an edit

Plugin Contributions

Yes, Notepad is very limited and does weird things sometimes.
    Try Notepad++ (download free from www.sourceforge.net) - it is a powerful PHP etc. file editor with highlighting and error detection built in.

Plugin Contributions

thanks gjh42...after your post i checked my work and saw that i didnt even bother to save the fie as .php before uploading....6 hours of work down the drain there...if i am that dumb i guess ill be asking more questions on the forum......anyway thanks again and i took your advice and downloaded notepad++
    all the best