Plugin Contributions

Default main(includes/configure.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream:

Hi, I'm having trouble getting install to run. When I go to /store directory I get the following errors (partial list):

Warning: main(includes/configure.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Domains\mommalisasbooks.com\wwwroot\store\includes\application_top.php on line 60

Warning: main(includes/configure.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Domains\mommalisasbooks.com\wwwroot\store\includes\application_top.php on line 60

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/configure.php' for inclusion (include_path='c:\php') in C:\Domains\mommalisasbooks.com\wwwroot\store\includes\application_top.php on line 60

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Domains\mommalisasbooks.com\wwwroot\store\includes\application_top.php:60) in C:\Domains\mommalisasbooks.com\wwwroot\store\includes\application_top.php on line 67

etc. . .

I have checked and rechecked file permissions and my config.php files, don't see what is wrong. Probably missing something obvious.

/store/includes/configure.php looks like this:

// Define the webserver and path parameters
    // HTTP_SERVER is your Main webserver: eg, http://www.yourdomain.com
    // HTTPS_SERVER is your Secure webserver: eg, https://www.yourdomain.com
    define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.mommalisasbooks.com/Store/');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://localhost');

/store/admin/includes/configure.php looks like this:

* HTTPS_SERVER plus DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG
    * ...depending on your system configuration settings
    */
    define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.mommalisasbooks.com/Store/');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://localhost');
    define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.mommalisasbooks.com/Store/');
    define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://localhost');

The only other thing I can see that might be a problem is that I have not defined a secure web site--planning to use paypal for everything--we are booksellers, and most people are used to buying books using paypal. The instructions refer to not using a secure server, but they don't say anything about what to do with in the configure.php files in this case, so I have just left them alone.

Thanks
    Anne

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: main(includes/configure.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream:

The installer will automatically create your configure.php file contents and set up your database.
    Open YOURWEBSITEURL/zc_install/index.php in your browser, and follow the installation prompts.
    Additionally, if you look in your site's "docs" folder you'll find instructions on installation. Just open YOURWEBSITEURL/docs/index.html in your browser.

(include_path='c:\php')
    You should talk to your server administrator and ask them to add "." to your include_path setting.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: main(includes/configure.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream:

I installed zen-cart in the "store" directory, so I went to:
    MyDomainURL/store/zc_install/index.php

This is what I got:

Warning: main(version.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Domains\mommalisasbooks.com\wwwroot\store\zc_install\includes\application_top .php on line 26

Warning: main(version.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Domains\mommalisasbooks.com\wwwroot\store\zc_install\includes\application_top .php on line 26

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'version.php' (include_path='c:\php') in C:\Domains\mommalisasbooks.com\wwwroot\store\zc_install\includes\application_top .php on line 26

It acts like the file application_top.php is not there. But I can go and see it in either control panel file manager or in FileZilla, and I it isn't file protections because everything is RWE right through all the parent directories.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Anne

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You need to get your server administrator to fix your include_path.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

OK, my provider (Accuwebhosting), who has in the past been pretty helpful, is either playing dumb, or is dumb. I am hoping for the first, or at least that maybe I have happened to pick up a dumb tech. Anyway they say:

"Upon looking the errors, it seems that you have placed the files in wrong path. Hence, Kindly review the script as per the software manual and place the file exactly where it is required. "

Well Duh! Can you tell me just what I need to tell them to do--what should the include_path be changed to? Or anything that you can tell me that I can use to get them to try to fix this? I found another post with a very similar problem where you said the following:

"(include_path='\') is an odd setting for include_path. Usually it would also contain a single period and a separator such as a semicolon or colon so that paths can be built relative from the current location. You might ask your host if they've made any changes in that PHP setting and if they'll allow you to override that for your own use."

Does that mean that my path should say (include_path='\.:')?

Or should I just send them the above quote with (include_path='\') changed to (include_path='c:\php\')?

thanks
    Anne Johnson

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I would suggest that they just add '.' to their existing path, probably using a semicolon as a separator since they're running Windoze.

ie:
    Code:
    include_path='.;c:\php\'
    If they won't do that, tread carefully as you move forward and try to run advanced scripts such as Zen Cart. There may be other stumbling blocks in their server configuration that might create headaches.

If they won't make the change, there may be a way to force it using programming ... but IMO that's a last-resort situation, and as I said, there may also be other problems later.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Just adding an unsolicited opinion ...

If you're not "needing" Windows-based hosting, you might consider changing to a Linux host which is somewhat less problematic esp if the server is using a "common" configuration ... which your host doesn't appear to be doing.

I'd also recommend that you stay away from upper-case letters in your folder and filenames on your server. It can sometimes create unexpected results if you use caps in one place and forget later, or if you're telling someone the address of your site and say "Store" but they don't know about the capital S they might try to type "store" and not know why things don't work like they'd hoped. Granted, Windows is a little more forgiving on case-sensitivity than Linux.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the help--my ISP did get the problem resolved, after they bumped it two levels on support. Didn't take much to get it bumped, so that is a good thing.

Unfortunately they weren't sure what caused the problem, so they just renamed my old directory and recopied the folders down, and then it worked.

Thanks again for your help.

Anne