Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag orders Exporter 0.1

Hi,

There is no discussion on this recent module. Has anyone installed it successfully? Is it useful? There isn't any installation instructions in the readme.txt.
    Using zencart v.1.3.9e
    Email: admin AT dealbyethan DOT com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: orders Exporter 0.1

The Orders_Exporter is just what one of my clients has been asking for. I installed the files and found the "Orders Export" link under "Tools". I clicked on it and tried creating the download file. It ran for several minutes and slowed the server down.

I stopped it and tried again running the link to place it in the oexport directory. It again ran for several minutes (there were over 1000 orders so I let it run). It finally ended (I assume it finished when the server speeded back up) but I was only left with a blank page. Nothing downloaded. Nothing in the oexport directory.

Summary: Good news is the installation was easy. Bad news is that other than slowing the server down while it does "something", nothing is produced from running it.

Seems to need a bit more testing or more instructions. Would love to have it in a workable format tho!

Jim

Plugin Contributions

hm... I am really sorry to hear about this.

I have used the module on two websites (both Zen Cart 1.3.7) and it works fine.

I will have a look at it in about two weeks time and at least I will add some proper instructions. Sorry, youve wasted your time so far.

thematysek

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply and concern. I just went back and tried again on a different account and it worked. So it is likely something with that particular account and not the contribution After re-checking everything, I found that the account that doesn't work has over 5000 "undelivered" orders so it is possible that the script is just timing out. I suggested he start checking his completed orders as delivered and then try it again. I'll post the results if he does so. The other possibility is that his version is older - 1.3.0 or something. So that might have a bearing on it.

I'll share any updates I get on this because this guy is the one who really is eager to get this going. Thanks for the great contribution.

Jim

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by blarney View Post
    I found that the account that doesn't work has over 5000 "undelivered" orders so it is possible that the script is just timing out.

I'll share any updates I get on this because this guy is the one who really is eager to get this going.
    That's just what was happening... when I trimmed down his processing orders to 500, the script ran through to completion.

So lesson here is that if you try to run it on a lot of orders (thousands) it will slow your server to a crawl (and my server never crawls!), and after running for 15 minutes or so may just show a blank page without any results. If that happens, trim your not delivered orders back to less than 500 (depending on server capability), and just run it on orders not delivered.

Jim Smith

Plugin Contributions

I use this modules with my site and don't see any trouble.

But i think it don't export the quantity of each product . I have customer order some product in 50 pcs and that program don't export the quantity. It only export name and model + attributor option only.

Hope this answer hopefull . I would like to know how to export quantity too but i don't know ....

Plugin Contributions

It works fine but doesn't include order totals or quanitites as someone else mentioned. Seems like it wouldn't be that hard to add those fields. It's really useless to me without amounts and I could really use something like this. Thanks for creating it and I hope it can be improved a bit!

Plugin Contributions

Extended version which includes order_totals is now available in download section.

Plugin Contributions

Thematysek, great addition to the Zen cart...

I downloaded the newest update to get the order totals.... but when I used it for the first time I found it was the the total dollar amount for the purchase not the total number of items purchased.... guess we have a different idea what totals means...lol...

Since you were so kind to add that feature to your mod may I request a few more to make your mod really fly and make my life allot easier?

I need to be able to export the orders and have them include:

>>Total number of "widgets" per item per order... for example:

Customer X orders 10 widgets and 5 gidgets

Currently downloads only show that Customer X ordered a widget and a
    gidget... I don't know exactly how many widgets and gidgets Customer X
    ordered.

>>Select a date range for orders exporting... for example:

Can you add the ability to select a range of dates to selectively download?

I'd hate to abandon Zen cart and move to another shopping cart after all the time spent on getting it set up... your help in adding these features will be a tremendous burden lifted.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by garyfranchi View Post
    Thematysek, great addition to the Zen cart...

I downloaded the newest update to get the order totals.... but when I used it for the first time I found it was the the total dollar amount for the purchase not the total number of items purchased.... guess we have a different idea what totals means...lol...

Since you were so kind to add that feature to your mod may I request a few more to make your mod really fly and make my life allot easier?

I need to be able to export the orders and have them include:

>>Total number of "widgets" per item per order... for example:

Customer X orders 10 widgets and 5 gidgets

Currently downloads only show that Customer X ordered a widget and a
    gidget... I don't know exactly how many widgets and gidgets Customer X
    ordered.

>>Select a date range for orders exporting... for example:

Can you add the ability to select a range of dates to selectively download?

I'd hate to abandon Zen cart and move to another shopping cart after all the time spent on getting it set up... your help in adding these features will be a tremendous burden lifted.

Your trouble similar with me

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast