Plugin Contributions

Default Royal Mail Shipping Module?

Is there anyone out there that is using the Royal Mail Shipping Module successfully?

If so, would they be kind enough to respond to this post or send me a message. I'm having problems configuring my products to work with this module and would much appreciate some assistance.

Many thanks

Arkie....

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Royal Mail Shipping Module?

I'm using it.

I think it's working ok, but more by luck than good judgement as I implemented it when I knew next to nothing about how Zen Cart works.

Perhaps if you tell us more about your problems someone will be able to help.
    We're now settled in at our final home - http://www.swiftbooks.co.uk - where you'll find an eclectic collection of used books. Still a lot of work to do, though!

Plugin Contributions

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I have installed the module and it works just fine. My problem is with applying it to different items.

For example, I have a lot of items that weigh 100g and their dimensions make them a large letter. These are fine, as the option for 1st and 2nd class large letter appear at checkout along with the option for small packet. Obviously the customer will choose the large letter 2nd class option on most occasions.

However, I also have a lot of items that weigh 100g but their dimensions make them small packet. I am unable to find a way of telling zencart that I don't want the large letter shipping options to apply to these items and that I only want small packet options to apply. It seems to only work out shipping based on weight and not the items physical size. Which means customers could still pick the large letter option at checkout, but it would actually cost me considerably more to post than quoted.

Hope this makes sense and any help would be much appreciated.

Arkie...

Plugin Contributions

I am also using it without any problem

Plugin Contributions

I can understand how you can use it without any problems Hamid having looked at your products. You wouldn't encounter the same problem I have because of your products size and weight.

However, in the scenario I gave in my last post, the module doesn't seem to work.

So still looking for any help or advice!

Arkie...

Plugin Contributions

Sorry to *BUMP* this topic folks, it's not something I generally do, but I'm REALLY, REALLY stuck on this one...

PLEASE would any users of the Royal Mail module get in touch and tell me if they know how to solve my postage problem?????

Thanks again
    Arkie....

Plugin Contributions

Hi Arkie,

Why are you worrying about it? Simply charge your customer same rates.. well you gotta make profit as well.

There is not a lot of price diff between letter and packet. When wrapping up items in buble bags etc, they usually become packets.

I might be wrong here but im simply telling you what i have done.