Plugin Contributions

Default paypal taking me to wrong page in cart after payment

after paying inpaypal the page brings me back to Payment Method - Step 2 and asks me to confirm payment. when u do this. it goes to another page 'confirmation page' (step 3) and when i click 'confirm the order' success page and everything is fine. downloadable product is availabe.

im using pay pal express module

anyone any ideas?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: paypal takes u to wrong page in cart after payment

That is normal -- that's how the express checkout module works.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: paypal taking me to wrong page in cart after payment

if i use ipn PP, it takes me direct from paypal to checkout success, which is what i want. prob is zencart doesnt recongise its a new order and givesme the same order number as the previuos one. this doesnt happen with express checkout. obviousy there is something wrong with ipn. its not updating the cart.

i have checked my settings with PP and triple checked everything against the list of how to install PP. ive checked with my host about the correct open ports. and they are open.

i really want this to work cos zen cart is really amazin and this is the last piece of the puzzle after working on it for nearly a month.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: paypal taking me to wrong page in cart after payment

Express Checkout first takes the customer to PayPal's site to select their payment method. Then they come back to your store to confirm the actual payment amount.
    If you have coupons or gift certificates enabled, it will allow them to enter those on the Payment page. If those are disabled, it will skip the payment page.

IPN works similarly, but in a different order ... the customer goes to the payment-method-selection first, then the confirmation of final total, then to PayPal. same steps; different order.

IPN requires that PayPal can communicate with your server correctly. If you have followed all the troubleshooting steps in the article I pointed you to, then you would have some debug logs to share explaining what it is and isn't doing -- please post them in the relevant discussion.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.