Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default "Continue Shopping" link not working when coming from the product listing page

"Continue Shopping" link not working when coming from the product listing page,

exactly that,

If I select some products on the products listing page and add them to the cart and then press the continue shopping button I get taken to the shops index page,

If i go to a product page and add it to the cart and then click continue shopping I get taken back to that products page

Is there someway to fix this

as I can't figure out why it isn't passing the referring url to the button

Any help would be massively appreciated

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Continue Shopping" link not working when coming from the product listing page

The Continue shopping returns to the previous page when the navigation knows where to go ... if it gets lost, then it returns to the home page ...

If you click on a few Categories then do a listing ... you will probably find the navigation is working ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Continue Shopping" link not working when coming from the product listing page

Hi Ajeh

I hate say this

But

no matter what I try I cannot get the Cart to return to the "product listing" page it came from

The cart always returns to a product page if it has come from one with no problems

Just in case i am messing up the terminology and not calling the page by it's correct name

What i refer to as the product listing page is the one were multiple products are listed

eg
    Product listing page click

What i refer to as a product page is the page that has only the one product on it

Product page click

What is the variable I should be checking to see what/if anything is being passed to the cart in regards to the referring page

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What version of Zen Cart?
    What addons/contributions have you installed?
    What versions of Zen Cart have you upgraded from?
    What customizations have you made to your site?
    What version of PHP are you running on your server?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

What version of Zen Cart?
    What addons/contributions have you installed?
    Image handler
    wishlist
    google sitemaps
    Captcha
    What versions of Zen Cart have you upgraded from?
    I haven't this was a fresh install
    What customizations have you made to your site?
    No changes on the product listing or cart page
    None on the product listing page
    What version of PHP are you running on your server?
    PHP Version 4.4.7
    MySQL 4.1.22-standard

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Ok I'm back and i still haven't managed to sort this problem out yet

I have found that it isn't just me

I looked at a couple of stores in the showcase

monkeying around

and

Wotatime

and they both had the same issue and from what i can tell from the front end there doesn't appear to be any commonality between the mods installed (at least those that you can tell on the front end)

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr Byte, Ajeh

what piece of code/variable handles this function and could I possibly get a link to a site that this works correctly on, as all the sites i have tested seem to have the same issue

I am not sure if it is a case of me explaning this badly or i am misinterpreting how the function is supposed to work but...
    The page i am calling the Products listing page is the one that appears when you click on a category and it has a list of multiple products with a little box next to each product where you specify the amount you want of the product and then you click the add selected products to cart button (located above the products list) and it adds those products to the cart, then once you are in the cart you click on the Return to shopping link and instead of taking you back to the product listing page it drops you on to the sites index page.

Surely i am not the only person who is having this problem, personally I never noticed it until a couple of people contacted me about it and now it frustrates me, don't get me wrong I am not trying to have a go at anyone but i can't figure this out

I am assuming that the shopping carts return to shopping function is reliant on the referring page sending a Product id, which will work when you come from a product page but not if you come from a product listing page where there is no actual product id in the referrer

My semi-cunning plan is that if there is no product id, I will make it instead use the category ID, however that is probably fraught with issues because if the products listing covers multiple pages, they will always end up on the first page
    Last edited by nigelt74; 10 Sep 2007 at 03:04 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Im having the same issue with this. From the product detail page, its fine. But from the product listing page...no go!

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.
    -Buck

Plugin Contributions

I have a client reporting exactly this problem - did anyone come up with a solution?
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ryk

I am afraid i drew a blank when trying to solve it, i haven't actually seen a Zen cart site where this doesn't happen

sorry I couldn't help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast