Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Define Pages Generator - Support

Hi everyone,

Let me be the first "voice of stupidity" on this thread (smile). I understand how to use the program and the copying of files to my host. What I don't understand is how to incorporate the changes into my main web page. Does everyone just use a plain link, or a sidebox? Can someone give me a helping hand here?

thanks

btw: looks like a great mod...

Plugin Contributions

It depends on your need, rite? You can decide to put the link in the navigation bar, at the footer, etc, wherever you want.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    It depends on your need, rite? You can decide to put the link in the navigation bar, at the footer, etc, wherever you want.
    Thanks for the quick answer... let's just say that I want to put it into the navigation bar... how do I go about doing that? Sorry to be such a dummy about this... I wil probably forever be learning about zen cart.

Plugin Contributions

you can get a link to the page in the php code using the function "zen_href_link," this is the standard function for getting links in zencart. If you called your page "my page" then in the php
    PHP Code:
    $link_to_my_page zen_href_linkFILENAME_MY_PAGE'' ); 
    will give you the link you need and if you want to use this then you need to stick it in a link:
    PHP Code:
    echo '<a href="' $link_to_my_page '">Link Text</a>'
    This will print a link to your page where you put it in the code. To put a link to this page in the navigation bar you will need to find the file that generates the navigation bar and then modify it to your needs.

I'm afraid that as I said in the introduction, this is a meta-mod, so it is something that helps you generate new code for your site. Unfortunately if you want to use this code then you need to do some (basic) programming.

Plugin Contributions

Ok thanks for the reply. I will try and see if I can get that working. Thanks so much for your help. Will let you know how things go when I get through with it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by banswidthjunkie View Post
    you can get a link to the page in the php code using the function "zen_href_link," this is the standard function for getting links in zencart. If you called your page "my page" then in the php
    PHP Code:
    $link_to_my_page zen_href_linkFILENAME_MY_PAGE'' ); 
    will give you the link you need and if you want to use this then you need to stick it in a link:
    PHP Code:
    echo '<a href="' $link_to_my_page '">Link Text</a>'
    This will print a link to your page where you put it in the code. To put a link to this page in the navigation bar you will need to find the file that generates the navigation bar and then modify it to your needs.

I'm afraid that as I said in the introduction, this is a meta-mod, so it is something that helps you generate new code for your site. Unfortunately if you want to use this code then you need to do some (basic) programming.
    Thank you again for getting back to me... would you mind letting me know exactly which php file I need to change for the first and second lines of code? Thanks, I appreciate it. Again... sorry for being dumb about this.

Plugin Contributions

By the way, on your navbar image, you need to set the background colour as the same red as the right most pixel as the background image, and then you need to set the x-repeat to none, otherwise it looks a bit odd.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by banswidthjunkie View Post
    By the way, on your navbar image, you need to set the background colour as the same red as the right most pixel as the background image, and then you need to set the x-repeat to none, otherwise it looks a bit odd.
    Just so you won't think I'm a complete idiot, I'm a retired software developer. I developed in c++ and VB. However, I'm not that great at PHP. I'm learning a few things as time goes by though. Thanks for the info on the navbar image.

Plugin Contributions

Dont worry, I guess it's the same for most of us. I had a hard time trying to get ZC structure and the way it does things, but then now if you say the problem I can tell where should you look into.
    Quote Originally Posted by crabdance View Post
    Just so you won't think I'm a complete idiot, I'm a retired software developer. I developed in c++ and VB. However, I'm not that great at PHP. I'm learning a few things as time goes by though. Thanks for the info on the navbar image.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for getting back with me on this. What I needed was to know the exact filenames to make the changes to. You said make the changes in "the" php file but did not say which one. The generator creates multiple files and I just need to know which ones to change

If you can just give me the filenames, I'm sure I can take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    Dont worry, I guess it's the same for most of us. I had a hard time trying to get ZC structure and the way it does things, but then now if you say the problem I can tell where should you look into.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast