Plugin Contributions

Default Use cache/ not use cache ?

Hi,

I have some question about use cache or not use . I use them a few months ago and now the folder "cache" have about 200 or xxx mb. I can not use tar command to back up full folder at the public_html/shop.( Too long time )

So, after search some thread - i see some people recommend not use this. So, my host speed will low if i not use this option?

KIMSON

Thanks you & best regards,

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Use cache/ not use cache ?

My folder is more than 500MB and it takes like 5-10mins to back up with tar, no problem. Cache helps alot to speed up the speed, especially if your site has lots of visitors.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Can you tell me your host service?Also, the trouble is when you unzip that folder not only tar !

CPU will load and my account will suppened a few minutes or hours when i unzip that backup

KIMSON

Plugin Contributions

The unzip process will indeed take a bit longer than zip, but you should not have to do that often anyway. (you unzip backup only when something bad happens rite?)

You can also unzip on your PC, then upload them back to your folder. The upload will take a while, but it will not freeze your server or anything.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

I have 1 backup in 2weeks ago (600mb) and i wonder how to upload from my PC to host with FTP account? Is it possible?

Does anyone have large website and use cache or not cache? I would like to learn about this ...special in Bmz_cache folder image !

Plugin Contributions

You should use it, because it will make the site load faster in most cases.
    If you are going to upload through FTP, the simplest way is to unzip the backup file first then upload the whole unzipped content.

You dont need to upload the cache folders, as the content will be re-generated if needed.

Plugin Contributions

Your meaning is : i can upload source code, image directory and don't need to upload folder name "cache" and "bmz_cache" if my host lost all of my data ?
    I wonder about upload from my PC to My host if my host lost all of data ....600mb upload form PC to host provide is very difficult ...

Thanks you for your comment.

Plugin Contributions

All the caches are generated automatically when needed to, there is (almost)no reason to backup or restore cache.