Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default 1.3.8 version not allowing me the upgrade option!

Hello,

I am very new to Zen and I have 1.3.7. I tried to upgrade tonight to 1.3.8 but I am not getting the option to upgrade. The install screen wants to create a new database.

Why is Zen not seeing my current database?

Default Re: 1.3.8 version not allowing me the upgrade option!

Did you change the database? You need to create a new database, in cpanel (or whatever you are using) restore your old database to the new database. To do this in cpanel, you need to rename the backup file so that it corresponds with the new database name. Example: backed up database zc = zc.zip new database = zcnew ... So you would rename zc.zip to zcnew.zip. Then restore it.

Then, you have to tell Zen Cart that there is a new database. Edit the configure.php in admin/includes and includes. You will find your database in there.

Oh yeah, don't forget to assign your user to the new database in cpanel.

Hopefully, that will do the trick and you can upgrade your database.

Plugin Contributions

I have not made any changes to the database or the database name. I use Hostmonster for my web provider and did the original install in November from an install icon in my cpanel provided by Hostmonster. My database name was automatically created at that time.

Plugin Contributions

the tech guy had me remove the entire new database and import my saved database. Now, however, I cannot even sign in. Still waiting on help for that one

Yea, I did my install from Fantastico in cPanel as well. Unfortunately, there is no way to upgrade that is quite that simple! :)

There is no simple way to do this. It took me about four hours to do the whole upgrade. But, I had a ton of changes that I had to merge. It should take less time with a standard zen cart install.

See my instructions above, and it should fix your problems. You must create a new database to update.

UPDATE: Something just occurred to me. Are you trying to update your live site? This is not recommended. If so, it should work without creating a new database. But, you can really bork everything that way. It is much smarter to create a new site for your upgrade , test it, and then switch over.
    Last edited by srturner47; 3 Dec 2007 at 08:20 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I am still having problems. I upgraded the database and in my admin panel it shows that database is version 1.3.8 but my shop version is still 1.3.7.

The setup files recognize my database. If I try to upgrade it again, I see that message that I have the current version of database and don't need to upgrade. The configuration files, however, are not being upgraded.

I did copy includes/configure.php and the counter part configure.php files over to the demo folder where my zen upgrade files are before running install. I also did some checking with winmerge, but since my install was last month, I had very few core files that had been changed.

Can I copy/replace all the files over now that I have upgrades the database?

Which file contains the password to the admin control pane?

what should I do?

Plugin Contributions

The admin login info is in the database. Does the database you're using for 1.3.8 have data in it?
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by afo View Post
    The admin login info is in the database. Does the database you're using for 1.3.8 have data in it?
    Yes, but not a lot.

Is it safe to copy the rest of the system files and overwrite the rest?

Plugin Contributions

Need help!

Something has gone wrong. I can't login to the admin panel. When I try I get the message "ERROR_SECURITY_ERROR "

I restored my site from the back up I made before upgrading and it still makes no difference. I still cannot login to the security panel.

What is causing this error?

Plugin Contributions

Well, I have my site restored back to 1.3.7. The version check says:

Zen Cart 1.3.7.1
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.8

I'll stay with 1.3.7.1 for a while until I can figure out how to upgrade. The upgrade wouldn't configure the files or replace them. It would only touch the database.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast