Plugin Contributions

Default Reset Admin Password

Hi, i am tried without success many of the suggested solutions to resetting my admin username and password.

i have run this sql command in phyMyadmin:

Code:
    DELETE FROM admin where admin_id = 1;
    INSERT INTO admin VALUES (1, 'Admin', 'admin@localhost', '351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b', 1);
    i still get
    Admin Username: Admin
    Admin Password: password
    "You entered the wrong username or password."

The resend password does not send me another password either..

Please help?
    Last edited by DrByte; 3 Aug 2006 at 09:42 PM. Reason: tidied formatting

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reset Admin Password

Login with:
    Admin
    admin

Then reset your email and password ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

This does nothing for me, I still get wrong user name or password error. I am migrating a production system to a new server. The admin login still works on the original server. I cannot login to admin, or upgrade my database because it requires the admin section user name and password.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fdinoto
    This does nothing for me, I still get wrong user name or password error. I am migrating a production system to a new server. The admin login still works on the original server. I cannot login to admin, or upgrade my database because it requires the admin section user name and password.
    Did you import your database yet?
    Do your configure.php files have the same DB_PREFIX settings, or are they different between old/new? They must match or you won't be able to connect to the right security table, and thus the passwords you enter won't match.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

the DB is connected and functioning as far as i can tell. the store looks exactly how it does on the original server. it displays products and the cart apears to function properly when i placed a test order. it even sends me confirmation emails.

my DB_PREFIX is blank. as far as i know a prefix isnt required. zencart has the entire database to itself.

I was thinking that maybe the password reset user/pass is different on version 1.2.6 (my version) than the current? although i would sure like to log in using the username and password that is supposed to work right now. passwords are stored encrypted in the database right, does that mean that they can be lost when doing a .sql dump?

thank you

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Yes that worked thanks. I reset my password to demo mode and then changed it to something more secure via the Admin section which I now have access to. Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

guys this is the error I get when running the uninstall.sql for google site map in phpmyadmin:

ERROR

SQL query:
    SELECT @configuration_group_id := configuration_group_id
    FROM configuration_group
    WHERE configuration_group_title = 'Google XML Sitemap'
    LIMIT 1 ;

MySQL said:
    #1146 - Table 'xxxx_zc1.configuration_group' doesn't exist

This is what I get when I try to install in my php:

ERROR
    SQL query:

SELECT ( @configuration_group_id := configuration_group_id
    )
    FROM configuration_group
    WHERE configuration_group_title = 'Google XML Sitemap'
    LIMIT 1 ;

MySQL said:
    #1146 - Table 'xxx_zc1.configuration_group' doesn't exist
    Last edited by kuroi; 7 Feb 2011 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Remove inadvertent links triggering cPanel login dialog

Plugin Contributions

Default Admin name/pw isnt being accepted

I had a site up and running on via my personal computer and then i tried creating a second separate site. the second site installed correctly and i decided to scrap it but when i try to log into my first site the login name/pw for the admin controls are not being accepted. this quote sounds like something that i should pay attention to but i dont know what to do. help?!

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Did you import your database yet?
    Do your configure.php files have the same DB_PREFIX settings, or are they different between old/new? They must match or you won't be able to connect to the right security table, and thus the passwords you enter won't match.

Plugin Contributions

I managed to find a fairly simple way - i hope this is correct it worked for and hasn't had any side effects ...so far

I simply went into the MYSQL
    and clicked on the passwords table on the right hand side and pressed browse in the php my admin
    I saw the passwords for the other two admin names already been set up and they were different to the ones I'd chosen so i inserted a new user and used a different email address and password in case
    the bottom field was left as '1' the previous email that didn't work were set to '0' was this the main problem?

Not sure but the new user is now working and we're making changes to the site.