Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Paypal Payments Pro - Frustration

<complaint>

We upgraded to 1.3.8. for the sole purpose of using Payments Pro to do Paypal transactions transparently. This looked very exciting.

In reality it's been frustrating. It works, but it's *not* streamlined. If anything it's *more* confusing for our customers.

Why?

Because *requiring* us to also offer Paypal Express confuses customers.

Instead of a straightforward solution, it's clear as mud. The Express button claims customers can "quickly checkout with a credit card"... and then takes them *away* from the store and away from the Payments Pro interface.

We're back now to using plain old offline credit card capture with SSL and Paypal's Virtual Terminal. So we're doing by hand what the Payments Pro update *should* be doing simply and automatically.

We're *paying* for a Paypal Professional account to run Virtual Terminal and Payments Pro. AND we're paying per transaction for every order. WHY are we *required* to have confusing "Paypal Express" buttons when paypal is making money off of our transactions anyway?

We want ONE checkout button. We want ONE page to complete payment information and be finished. Why can't this be done?

</complaint>

Not trying to be difficult. We appreciate the time that went into the 1.3.8 update. This is a suggestion after a frustrating update.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Payments Pro - Frustration

This message is interesting, I was looking to upgrade for the same reason, so that I could keep the customer on my site and process their payment in the background. However, it comes as no surprise that the terms of paypal says that you have to also display the express button. THERE IS ONLY ONE REASON FOR THIS. That is the only way that paypal can funnel the customer into opening a paypal account.

I know the customer doesn't need an account to use paypal express but the whole process (if you try it yourself) is all geared to signing the customer up to paypal.

We process about 40 transactions a day via the IPN, payments pro was going to be a solution but to be honest...I'm going to give it a miss...I'll most likely try virtual terminal until I get too busy to process them.

Pete
    FORUM:
    # a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
    #An online discussion group, where participants with common interests can exchange open messages.
    # a public facility to meet for open discussion

Plugin Contributions

you could always add some text below the paypal express button,
    that states HOW this works, and to pay by secure credit card click the checkout button,
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

The PayPal Express requirement is PayPal's. If you have an issue with it, you need to take it up with them.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

hehehe - of just go with a straight up merchant account - if the # of transactions warrant it.

I hear your frustration. PayPal is easy with eBay, a hassle with everything else.

Good luck and I hope you find a resolution!

Plugin Contributions

I think the easy solution for this is simply just to re-arrange the PP's checkout button to the very bottom and have your site's checkout button come first.

You'd be suprise what little changes like this can make for your customers.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nrg77 View Post
    I think the easy solution for this is simply just to re-arrange the PP's checkout button to the very bottom and have your site's checkout button come first.

You'd be suprise what little changes like this can make for your customers.
    Or just code it out completely and wait for paypal to stumble across your site (yeah right) and tell you to fix it.
    FORUM:
    # a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
    #An online discussion group, where participants with common interests can exchange open messages.
    # a public facility to meet for open discussion

Plugin Contributions

Well actually, I think keeping the EC button is a "good" thing because from my experience, many customers like that as they don't need to manually create an account and can speed through checkout.

But I agree that the damn button is so huge that it sticks out like a sore thumb. So my remedy for this is to make my default checkout button bigger and comes before the EC button.

Plugin Contributions

I have been using the paypal 2.0 module with paypal and love it, with the exception of the little ship button is not there....anyone that has upgraded to 1.3.8, does the little button show up to print the shipping label? I am trying to figure out if it is worth it to me to upgrade right now.

A note about the paypal express....I have been using the paypal 2.0 and paypal express for around 2 months now. I have my checkout button (very large, bright color) then google checkout button, then paypal express button at the bottom. I have not had any customers complain about the paypal express nor to the best of my knowledge I have not lost any sales because of it....just my 2 cents.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by helpme View Post
    I have been using the paypal 2.0 module with paypal and love it, with the exception of the little ship button is not there....anyone that has upgraded to 1.3.8, does the little button show up to print the shipping label?
    Zen Cart has no control over PayPal's ability or inability to show things in their manager interface.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast