Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion SplitTaxLines mod support thread

MODERATOR NOTE: Zen Cart v1.3.9 includes built-in support for split tax lines. No addon required.

First let me say: Alan, thank you very much, I was hoping for this contribution. You have made my life easier.

I do have a conflict with one of the other modules though, maybe someone can help me out.

[FONT=Times New Roman]I have just installed alanhigg’s SplitTaxLines module. It works great, but another module that I installed now doesn’t work. The module is Customer Tax Exempt by Numinix Technology. It was working perfectly before, so I am not sure what the problem is.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]The admin is there, but the tax shows up on the order. (split very nicely too). I checked and there were no overlapping files so it may be something in the process. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Any help would be appreciated,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Thanks Pat[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Configuring Taxes for Canadian Sites/Zones

Sorry I couldn't edit my last post, but here is my information in case you need to know:
    I am using version 3.7.1

[FONT=Times New Roman]Installed Mods [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Admin Notes[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Admin Profiles[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Login Spruce Up - Admin[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Backup MYSQL Plugin[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Edit Orders[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Encrypted Master Password[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Quick Updates[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Recover Cart Sales[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Save your sideboxes layout as the default[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]User Tracking[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Better Together[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Canada Post Shipping Module[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Fix Cache Key[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Short Description[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Split Panel Login[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]stats inventory report[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]store credit[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Customer Tax Exempt[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Check out without an account, but that is as an addition to the login to check out [/FONT]

I likely have more mods, I seem to be addicted.

Thanks again, Pat

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SplitTaxLines mod support thread

I haven't looked at that module in a long time since there were no bug reports. You can contact my company through our website and I can work on it privately, but I do charge a rate. I am sure it's a simple fix though so you may be able to figure it out.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Pat,
    I have no experience with the customer tax exempt mod but I'll see if I can find some time this weekend to look at the issue for you. Thanks for the list of your other mods too, in case I have to go digging...

Alan

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone installed this with the new 1.3.8 yet? I am dying to get my hands on this mod but now that I've just upgraded to get some 1.3.8 features, I'm hesitant to install this.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Hi All,
    I have just uploaded v1.1 of SplitTaxLines so it should be available as soon as it passes review. It it designed for v1.3.8 of zen-cart and *will not work* with older carts.
    For those interested, most of the changes in this version are due to updated tax functions in the core zen-cart distribution. I don't know whether this was intentional or not, but a new core function was added that encompasses all of the functionality (and more) included in the extra_functions that the old version of this mod defined. This seems like more than just coincidence, so I'd like to give a shout out to the zen-cart team on this.

to pdprenty: don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you. Are you planning to move to zc1.3.8 in the near future? The reason I ask is that I have located the conflict between SplitTaxLines and CustomerTaxExempt and it is in a part of the mod that has been removed in v1.1. Unfortunately, STL and CTE have a new conflict in a different place under zc1.3.8 (in the core tax functions)

So, here's my suggestion:
    for zc1.3.7.1, I can fix up STL v1.0 so that it plays nicely with CTE (I will try to do this anyway, over the next few days)
    for zc1.3.8, I would say that numinix should probably make the appropriate changes since the code that needs modification is part of the zen-cart core. I could try, but I don't want to step on his toes. Chances are good that CTE will need some polishing for zc1.3.8 anyway. (numinix, please chime in here if you wish)

Questions? fire away!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mommydesigns View Post
    ... now that I've just upgraded to get some 1.3.8 features, I'm hesitant to install this.
    mommydesigns,
    please make sure that you have the new v1.1 of SplitTaxLines because, as you surmised, SplitTaxLines v1.0 will not work with zen-cart 1.3.8

SplitTaxLines v1.1 should be available for download soon (it has been submitted - just waiting for review) please give it a try and let us know what you think.

Thanks!
    Alan

Plugin Contributions

Hi Alan, thank you so much for working on this.

I was planning on staying with 1.3.7.1 until the zencart team comes out with 1.4.

I am pretty sure that I had heard rumblings that the split tax was to be in version 1.4 so after that the problem will be moot assuming that there will be some tax exempt in that version or updated for that version.

I am not sure when the upgrade will happen, so at least an update to 1.3.7.1 would be very appreciated.

Thanks again,
    Pat

Plugin Contributions

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the nice module! I am trying V 1.0 with zencart 1.3.7.1 it works great except for taxes with differnet priorities it does not charge tax on the tax. For example, if I put Quebec(7.5) tax as priority 2, and GST(5%) as priority 1 tax with SplitTaxLines disabled, ZenCart calculates $16.74 as total taxes for a $130.00 item, while with SplitTaxLines enabled, it calculates $16.25. Not sure if I am missing something here.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, lots of news:

First of all, I have just uploaded a new zc1.3.7-based version of SplitTaxLines. I have called it version 1.01. With any luck the zen cart team will activate it shortly. They were very quick with the last update. Thanks guys!

A brief reminder for all users running zc1.3.8: please be aware that this new version is not what you want! splittaxlines v1.1 is the one for you. I'm trying to keep the version numbers specific to the zen cart version (1.0 series = 1.3.7, 1.1 series = 1.3.8). Be extra sure that you're getting the code that will work for you!

There have been fairly significant changes between v1.0 and v1.01 for two reasons:
    - I backported some of the helpful new code in 1.3.8 as an extra_function for use with STL v1.01. This made a bunch of the old code obsolete, and caused changes to the rest of the code.
    - I reorganized some of the code so that it makes merging changes easier for new users.

to pdprenty: I have included some extra stuff in the new 1.3.7-based version (STL v1.01) that should fix your conflict with Customer Tax Exempt by numinix. Let me know if it works for you!

to vhjdb: you're not missing anything - it was a flaw with STL v1.0. The issue should be resolved in STL v1.01. Can you try it out and let me know how it works?

to numinix: I noticed that you have an updated version of Customer Tax Exempt available for zc1.3.8. I haven't tried the combination of CTE and STL in v1.3.8 but I expect that there will be problems with zen_get_multiple_tax_rates. My suggestion: since your mod makes changes to the functions_taxes.php core file (where zen_get_multiple_tax_rates lives in 1.3.8), why don't you take a look at the changes I have made to get this working in STL v1.01 and incorporate those changes into your 1.3.8 based CTE? Not only would it save you some coding, I'd appreciate the feedback on my implementation as well. Have a look at the file in the extras folder and let me know what you think.

I think that's all for now folks. Good luck and let me know how you fare!
    Alan

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast