Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SplitTaxLines mod support thread

Quote Originally Posted by wolflupo View Post
    error: An appropriate representation of the requested resource /admin/sqlpatch.php could not be found on this server.
    That's a block happening by your hosting company's mod_security rules which block many commonly "forbidden" words from being submitted on a web page. SQL commands can sometimes get caught with those filters if they're really tight.
    Talk to your host to relax them, or try uploading the script using the Browse button instead of copy/paste.
    Or use phpMyAdmin instead.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ljsoroka View Post
    Hi Alan, where is the link that I can get this or should I just search the forum?
    thanks for all your hard work :)
    You should be able to find it in the downloads area. Go to www.zen-cart.com, click on the 'downloads' link at the top of the page and enter SplitTaxLines into the search box. If you click on SplitTaxLines in the Contribution search results, it will show you a list of all available versions of STL. The version you want (1.01) is near the bottom of the list, with a release date of December 18th, 2007

Let us know if it works for you!

Alan

Plugin Contributions

Good day all,

Just wondering if anyone has gotten splittax to work with tax exempt and what versions there are using?

Thank You all.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jObE View Post
    Good day all,

Just wondering if anyone has gotten splittax to work with tax exempt and what versions there are using?

Thank You all.
    Hi jObe,
    if you read back near the start of this thread you will see a bit of discussion between myself (split tax lines author), numinix (tax exempt author) and pdprenty (nice guy trying to use both mods). The short answer is that STL and CTE play nicely in zencart 1.3.7 but not yet in 1.3.8. What version of zencart are you using?

Alan

Plugin Contributions

The online catalog as not gone up yet is as it is still in development.
    We were going to use 1.3.8 as the splittax was showing to work with that version, however, we deal with alot of companies that are tax exempt so we will require that module as well.

I had noticed someone put an updated tax exempt mod up after this issue started so I was hoping someone might have tried it and was successful.

Long story short I guess is we'll use the 1.3.7 and see what happens after that.

Thank You very much for the clarifying the versions for me.

One last thing. Does splittaxline setup the taxes for canada or does that need to be configured first?

Plugin Contributions

Hi jObE,

Here's a short summary of the conflict between STL and CTE in zc1.3.8:
    Normally, when calculating taxes, there are two core tax functions used: zen_get_tax_rate and zen_get_tax_description. When STL is turned on, a third core tax function called zen_get_multiple_tax_rates is used instead of the first two.

The root of the conflict is that CTE makes changes to only the first two of these three core tax functions. The third one (zen_get_multiple_tax_rates) is new to zc1.3.8 and must have slipped under the radar when CTE was updated to support zc1.3.8. I'm hoping that numinix (of customer tax exempt fame) will soon make the necessary changes to CTE so that it plays nicely with STL and any other code that uses zen_get_multiple_tax_rates in the future.

It's a shame that you feel you can't use the latest version of zencart because of this issue. The hints above should give you a good idea where to start if you want to try to fix it yourself while we wait for the necessary changes to be made. It shouldn't be very difficult but I'm afraid I don't have time right now to dig around in numinix's code.

Quote Originally Posted by jObE View Post
    One last thing. Does splittaxline setup the taxes for canada or does that need to be configured first?
    You'll have to set your taxes up normally, SplitTaxLines only splits them out into separate lines.

Here is a good guide:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35032

It looks complicated but it's not really that bad once you get into it. Note that the section labelled 'PROBLEMS' is no longer a problem if you are using the SplitTaxLines mod. That's why I created it in the first place!

Good luck, keep us posted on your progress!
    Alan

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the reply,

I have seen the tutorial post for Canadian taxes and was setting up that way.
    the splittalines install.txt file does not have that much info, so I just wanted to check that incase it attempts at creating tax rates that are already there.

Re-coding his app would be nice but currently we are busy with coding a frontend system to interact with the ZEN database ( process sales, add customers etc ).

I might attempt an install on a dev setup as his website as a version of tax exempt that says its 1.3.8. ( version 1.11 )
    http://www.numinix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15

I think if I get time tonight I'm going to get it going and find if there are any errors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi guys, when I have time I will take a look. But more and more jobs keep piling up...

Plugin Contributions

numinix,
    Thanks for stopping by - we all look forward to seeing an update to your Customer Tax Exempt mod in the near future.

Alan

Plugin Contributions

will be great , because we are planning move to 1.3.8a and this is a show stopper rigth now.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast