Plugin Contributions

Default price per product per customer

I need to develop/ change something so that each customer logs in and see's their own prices for each product. We are talking about 250 products and 250 customer base, so nothing too huge. Can anyone please advise me on the approach I need --- I was going to have a new table customprice with customers_id, products_id, customdiscount(%), customprice . In admin have an area that you can select the customer and product show the default price (as set up when setting new products) and then discount (customdiscount % from default price) show the new customprice (discount range would be from 0-30%).
    The customprice table would be updated. The prices would be hidden until a customer logs in and at this point they would see their customprices, they would then go through the placing of an order seeing their customprices per product.
    I realise that there is lot of work in this, but would appreciate any guidance apart from forget it I need to do this. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: price per product per customer

Quote Originally Posted by ianhg View Post
    We are talking about 250 products and 250 customer base, so nothing too huge.
    250 products with 250 prices means 62,500 database entries. I would argue that this is, in fact, huge.

From an implementation perspective, the approach you have laid out is technically reasonable (although you don't need to store the customprice; you can compute it on the fly). However, operationally, I just don't see how you manage this in any reasonable way unless you have an army of data entry clerks.

Good luck,
    Scott
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply ---
    I think I understand what you have said about the size of the database. The client will be entering the customers detailed prices at the time he authorize the customer to order online. Most products would be default price( the one entered when the product was set up) . The reason for storing the customprice was twofold --- 1 the client could see in the admin the actual price 2 the customer needs to be able to see their prices on log in --- Is there a better easier way then?
    Appreciate any input or suggestions.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ianhg View Post
    I need to develop/ change something so that each customer logs in and see's their own prices for each product. We are talking about 250 products and 250 customer base, so nothing too huge. Can anyone please advise me on the approach I need --- I was going to have a new table customprice with customers_id, products_id, customdiscount(%), customprice . In admin have an area that you can select the customer and product show the default price (as set up when setting new products) and then discount (customdiscount % from default price) show the new customprice (discount range would be from 0-30%).
    The customprice table would be updated. The prices would be hidden until a customer logs in and at this point they would see their customprices, they would then go through the placing of an order seeing their customprices per product.
    I realise that there is lot of work in this, but would appreciate any guidance apart from forget it I need to do this. Thanks
    I am still struggling with this can anyone please give me some tips on how to implement it. Thanks