Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal express checkout isn't working for me -- blank page

These are the debug messages that came through:

1. IPN PROCESSING INITIATED.
    *** Originating IP: ########### (masked)
    *** Browser/User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1;

2. IPN FATAL ERROR :: No POST data available -- Most likely initiated by
    browser and not PayPal.

3. IPN FATAL ERROR :: Could not find stored session in DB, cannot re-create
    session as PayPal IPN transaction.

4. IPN FATAL ERROR :: No saved IPN session data available. Must be an Express Checkout or Direct Pay transaction.

5. IPN INFO - POST VARS received (sorted):
    Array
    (
    )

What do they mean? Did they make changes to the IPN handler that requires a static IP address?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ScootaMan View Post
    What do they mean? Did they make changes to the IPN handler that requires a static IP address?
    No, those are normal if you try to load ipn_main_handler.php without the ?type=ec parameter.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    No, those are normal if you try to load ipn_main_handler.php without the ?type=ec parameter.
    Could a template cause this? I am using Acadame by Ichoze Internet solutions. I used the original zip file I downloaded from Zen Cart's website and didn't make any changes to any of the files other than installing the template and adding the configure files.

Would something in a configure file do this?
    Could a file become corrupted when it is unzipped?

I am not sure where to look to fix this.

I put 1.3.7 back up for now (again).

Thanks for your help

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you think it's template-related, try without that template.

And no, it's unlikely that your configure.php files are the issue.

You never answered my question about other addons.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

On my trial this morning there were no other addons. Only the Acadame template was used. I did add in the define pages that were in my template folder, but I didn't see any changes to those pages other than the text when compared in winmerge.

Plugin Contributions

DrByte,

Could the problem be in the database? Hovebox2 had a sql script that I had to install and would be in the upgraded database.

I downloaded a new set of files and placed the configure files in them and put them on my server. I ran a test and came up with the same results. Express would not work.

If I run the install and create a new database with a different name, will zen create that without erasing the other databases on the server.

I have a sftscoot_zc1 that is the 1.3.8 database
    I have a sftscoot_zc5 taht is the 1.3.7 database attached to the 1.3.7 Zen Files

I don't have that many products that I couldn't recreate them in a new database

Plugin Contributions

I think my problem must of been a corruption in the database, Even with a fresh set of files with nothing but the configure files added in, Paypal Express would not work. I did an install an let it overwrite my database and it looks like Paypal Express is working again.

I am busy now rebuilding everything.

Plugin Contributions

DrByte,

Do you think the problem I had in my database could have come form one of the sql patches I did for two of the modules I had? I am hesitant to install any modes with SQL patches for fear of repeating the same problem when the next upgrade comes

The 2 modes that had the sql patches were:

• HoverBox2 (image handler)
    • Google Base Feeder

These where the only modes that had an sql patch to install.

The upgraded database would work with PayPal Express when it was attached to 1.3.7 Zen cart but would not work when attached to 1.3.8. I had to overwrite the database in order to get PayPal Express to work.

Is it possible that the sql patches prevented the database from upgrading properly?

My store is only a month old and had only 7 mopeds listed, so I am concerned with how the database could have become corrupted. I don't want to repeat this problem when I have many more products listed.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Those 2 contributions shouldn't have any adverse effect on upgrading, nor on the proper operation of PayPal modules.

Plugin Contributions

Those 2 contributions shouldn't have any adverse effect on upgrading, nor on the proper operation of PayPal modules.
    DrByte,

this is copy of the sql patch I need to install to use HoverBox2, does it look safe for 1.3.8? Dose this make changes to the database?

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` VALUES (50, 'HoverBox<sup>2</sup>', 'Settings for your HoverBox<sup>2</sup>', 4.50, 1);
    INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (721, 'Should I display the title of your product?', 'HOVERBOX_DISPLAY_TITLE', 'Yes', 'This let''s me know whether or not I should display the title of your product. Either select yes or no. I''ll handle the rest.', 50, 2, NULL, '0001-01-01 00:00:00', NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(''Yes'',''No''), ');
    INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (720, 'Would you like to put me to work for you?', 'HOVERBOX_ENABLED', 'Yes', 'This let''s me know if I should be taking control over the display of your product images.', 50, 1, '2007-07-15 02:14:06', '0001-01-01 00:00:00', NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(''Yes'', ''No''), ');
    INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (722, 'And lastly, should I display your product''s price to your customers?', 'HOVERBOX_DISPLAY_PRICE', 'Yes', 'This one just lets me know if I should be displaying the price of your products to your customers.', 50, 3, NULL, '0001-01-01 00:00:00', NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(''Yes'', ''No''),');

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast