(stands up in Zencart anonymous meeting) Hey - my name is Shamis and I am a newbie

Seriously though, I recently installed my zencart, I've been reading over tutorials, I've purchased estart and I am still lost. Right now I'm on page 276 and I am desperately trying to customize my store. I have the custom template as default in my admin and I am trying to edit the layout (colors & text) but it's not updating.

So if someone could please be a dear and help me I would be oh so grateful.

First of all, I like the default classic comtemporary green template as far as the size but just not the color. When I went in and added my custom template - I got this http://www.shamistalib.com/zen which is full page width and all different colors. So I guess my first question is how can I get my custom template to look like the classic with a different color.

Second, I am having trouble editing the languages and css files. I've been trying to do this while in my cpanel. Does this not work? Because when I refresh my cart, my changes aren't showing up but they are changed in the file. I also tried doing it with the crimson editor but I don't know how to work the ftp and all that stuff. This is becoming discouraging.

Third, is there a way to change my file name. When I installed, it asked me to name the folder and I named it zen not at all thinking that this would end up being the link to my store and shamistalib.com/zen isn't pretty, lol. I tried just renaming the zen file in cpanel but this doesn't work.

Sorry for the long post. I hope I haven't scared anyone off. Please understand as like all newbs, most of this stuff is like french.